Eggs Benedict..Princess vs Celebrity??

cruiseorbust

We are still trying to decide between Princess and Celebrity for the holidays. We just got back from RCCL (Mariner). We had a great time, but missed some of our favorites in the dining room. RCCL's eggs benedict were terrible compared to that of Celebrity. Just wondering if anyone has experienced eggs benedict on Princess...if so how do they compare to Celebrity?

Would you really choose a cruise based on Eggs Benedict?

I honestly can't recall Eggs Benedict, or any breakfast for that matter, on Celebrity, but it is my absolute favorite on Princess, and I make sure to go to the dining room for breakfast when it is offered. As luck would have it, I can enjoy this delicacy at least twice during a 7-night cruise.

Bon Appetit and Bon Voyage!

Chris

Can't remember having them on the Celebrity Century. They were great on our 12/04 Caribbean Princess. They were absolutely without a doubt the worst I've ever had in my life on the 5/2005 Golden Princess.

Here's the response I got from the head waiter as he served them ..."You should have been here sooner". Little did the guy know that next to us was another table of 10 that had been there for an hour before us and confirmed to this JOKER that their eggs arrived the exact same way after they heard my comment.

This was the single most offensive reply I had ever heard from a Princess employee so I guess I'm lucky.

In reality....I could not believe my ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so stuff happens!

My caution to some others would be.....judge accordingly.

For those that would want a description of what we were served on the Golden Princess I offer this description....Flat over cooked poached eggs(hard boiled) with crusty Hollandaise sause on top of a raw english muffin with a barely recognizable piece of somethihg(think it was spose to be Canadian bacon). It is still quite a memory!LOL

Can't wait to get back on the CB!!!

Had them on both the Sun Princess and the Mercury. Mercury won HANDS DOWN. But, haveing said that, you could luck out with a different cook. Don't think that it is cruise line or ship related, rather whick cook is preparing them. And who is to know that!

DH and I had them on the Golden last month. DH is very picky about his and did not enjoy them. He said it had no flavor. The eggs were cooked properly, but there wasn't much sauce on them. And they came with a little bit of olive on the top, not sure what that was about. They had identical ones in the buffet.

You can't generalize about Eggs Benedict on Royal Caribbean.

We sailed the Radiance in February and they served the best Eggs Benedict ever. The eggs were always perfectly cooked.

On our Voyager cruise the end of May we ordered them twice and the eggs were overcooked both times.

Ginnie

Archived