Under 123 Promotion sometimes Europe is not Europe!

edgee

Was surprised to learn when I booked my November Equinox Transatlantic last night that under the 123 promotion, transatlantic cruises are not considered as "Europe" for purposes of getting two out of three choices in the 123 promotion...you only get one. To get two your cruise must begin and end in Europe. Ordinarily one would think that a trip that begins in Spain and visits five European ports should be a European cruise...not in Celebrity's world, evidently. Oh well...I will comfortably drown my "sorrows" over this with all I can consume from the free drink package :D

Was surprised to learn when I booked my November Equinox Transatlantic last night that under the 123 promotion, transatlantic cruises are not considered as "Europe" for purposes of getting two out of three choices in the 123 promotion...you only get one. To get two your cruise must begin and end in Europe. Ordinarily one would think that a trip that begins in Spain and visits five European ports should be a European cruise...not in Celebrity's world, evidently. Oh well...I will comfortably drown my "sorrows" over this with all I can consume from the free drink package :D

Hi Edgee,

This has been discussed in the 123 GO thread. While I understand your disappointment, it's still considered a Transatlantic sailing. As such, it would not qualify for the extra perks. Frankly with the often ridiculously low pricing of TA's, Celebrity would be out of their minds to offer addtional perks.

Andy, I agree with you. Not very disappointed. I was actually probably surprisingly understanding when I spoke to the Celebrity agent who did my booking. I just had not seen any discussion on the board, so was sharing. Indeed, on this Transatlantic I am looking at paying about $2,000 per person for a 14 day cruise in AQ class, not to mention free drinks. I know some Transatlantics are lower than that when booked closer to sailing. Would probably wait a while longer to book hoping for the price to drop more, but considering 123 and the fact that they are running out of our favorite quiet AQ2 cabins on deck 11 aft, timing seemed right.

Andy, I agree with you. Not very disappointed. I was actually probably surprisingly understanding when I spoke to the Celebrity agent who did my booking. I just had not seen any discussion on the board, so was sharing. Indeed, on this Transatlantic I am looking at paying about $2,000 per person for a 14 day cruise in AQ class, not to mention free drinks. I know some Transatlantics are lower than that when booked closer to sailing. Would probably wait a while longer to book hoping for the price to drop more, but considering 123 and the fact that they are running out of our favorite quiet AQ2 cabins on deck 11 aft, timing seemed right.

Hi Edgee,

I'm glad to hear you arent very disappointed. You will be on a beautiful ship, and with complimentary drinks too - that sounds pretty good to me :). I wish you a wonderful Cruise !

We booked one of the 123 promos as well and I remember reading the 'fine print' where it mentioned the cruise must commence AND end in Europe. Would have been easy to miss.

Archived