Dubai entrance and exit requirements

TraceyB

We are Canadian and now need visa to enter Dubai. We also have dual citizenship with Britain. We are entering Dubai on Emirates and exiting on a Princess cruise. One question I have is could we enter Dubai on our British Passport and exit on our ship on a Canadian Passport? Only our passports are not back yet and we depart for our trip really soon. Thanks for any info.

Canada. Not sure how it works with dual citizenship. I would guess that they would want you to use whatever passport you are using for your cruise, but not really sure, you would have to ask.

But as a Canadian I know Emirates Air can assist you with getting the visa. It is cheaper for sure using Emirates. Hotels in Dubai can also assist you normally.

The problem I found with the departing Dubai via cruise is the Visa's they (Hotel/airlines) provide are only valid if you are entering the country and leaving the country via air. Our hotel would not assist us because we are leaving by boat. We are not flying Emirates, but I understand this is the same issue with thier visas.

I ended up having to use dubaivisaservice.com they do all processing online. Where as the consulate wants you to mail your passport back and fourth.

They were very quick once I submitted my application.

There is another thread on this somewhere where someone else suggested another service, but this is the one I used and was very happy with. I think it took 3 days from submission of forms but they say to allow 5 business days.

To be sure I would probably just call one of the visa service places and ask about your dual citizenship, or Emirates air and see what they say.

Good luck.

Oh thank you so much.

Very helpful.

This is why I love Cruise Critic.

Is there a reason you don't use your UK passports both to enter and leave Dubai? You CANNOT change passports in the middle of a country. PLEASE don't do this, particularly in the Middle East.

Your passport will have been registered when you enter the country. All Middle Eastern countries are pretty strict about people LEAVING their country, particularly Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. They CLOSELY match exits with entries because it is a big deal in the Middle East if you owe any money (hotel bill, phone bill, utility bill, local credit card bill, etc. etc) and you can be arrested and detained if you try to leave the country owing money.

Using your UK passport eliminates the need to get a Dubai visa.

I would have but we are going to be staying in India for a few days and have already processed our visa's for there in Canadian. Also the ship with our Canadian, which I know is easily changed but not the Indian visa.

Thanks so much I will not be using the 2.

I thank you for the heads up on that.

Tracey

We are Canadian and now need visa to enter Dubai. We also have dual citizenship with Britain. We are entering Dubai on Emirates and exiting on a Princess cruise. One question I have is could we enter Dubai on our British Passport and exit on our ship on a Canadian Passport? Only our passports are not back yet and we depart for our trip really soon. Thanks for any info.

My husband and I are in a similar situation, so I find your query intriguing. Why don't you want enter and exit on your UK passports, and then just use the Canadian on board?

Our plan is to arrive in Mumbai by air and exit Mumbai on the cruise ship using our Canadian passports, as that is also where we have our India visa, but use our EU passports on board as we are stopping in the UAE and ending up in Europe.

Firstly, what do you mean by "our passports are not back yet"?

Secondly, as others said DO NOT try to enter the UAE (or any other country) with one pp and try to leave with another.

Thirdly, when you check in for your EK flight in Canada, show THEM the pp you intend to use entering DXB! What pp you show the Canadian border control doesn't really matter.

Perhaps all you Canadians should petition your government to let Emirates and Etihad fly to your country more often. As far as we here understand the whole carfuffle is because the Canadians won't give UAE airlines more landing slots into Canada, because they fear that they (EK and EY) will steal business from Air Canada. As IF they could cope....

• 1 month later...

Just make sure that you have multiple entry visas for the UAE..Oceania got the visas for many of our Canadians and it turned out they could not do desert shore excursions some places because the vans went back into Oman and the ship had only gotten single entry visas!!!! This applied to both ship shore excursions and private ones!!

We LOVED the UAE..everyone was VERY nice and friendly!

Sherry

• 4 weeks later...

Archived