Singapore Hop on Hop offs

Mexfolkart

We will soon be in Singapore..we see that there are THREE HoHo's! One is enclosed and AC by Singapore Airlines, one is the Duck tour that also goes into the water, and one is the Hippo Tour..what are the differences? And what do you recommend? Do any of them go to the new terminal? And, can you buy tickets on them? We plan to go to the Orchid Garden one day and then do the HOHO, the next day to the Jurong Bird park and then the HOHO.

Thank you, Sherry & Kimber

We will soon be in Singapore..we see that there are THREE HoHo's! One is enclosed and AC by Singapore Airlines, one is the Duck tour that also goes into the water, and one is the Hippo Tour..what are the differences? And what do you recommend? Do any of them go to the new terminal? And, can you buy tickets on them? We plan to go to the Orchid Garden one day and then do the HOHO, the next day to the Jurong Bird park and then the HOHO.

Thank you, Sherry & Kimber

The singapore airlines HOHO takes you around the city where you can off and on, the other 2 go into the water. Taxis are cheap and the underground train(MRT) is fantastic very clean and safe.

I believe there is one that you missed: http://www.city-sightseeing.com/tours/singapore/singapore.htm#tourlandingposition

This one is actually the one our hotel concierge recommended, although I can't remember why (price or frequency?). We didn't end up going on any of them, though, because our plans went awry.

I don't believe any of them go to the new (cruise, I assume) terminal. Taxis are easy to get there, though.

We have used the Singapore Airlines HOHO bus quite a few times. It runs approx every 15-20 minutes from memory from specially marked bus stops. The entire circuit takes approx 1 hour (or maybe a bit more) A lot of people get on the bus then do a complete circuit first and then work out when and where they want to get off. It is an excellent way of seeing Singapore. Brochures/timetables/maps are available on the bus as well as in touristy type/info bureaus/hotel tourist desks. You pay as you board the bus the first time and just get a ticket that you show to the driver each time you board after that. If you show a Singapore Airlines boarding pass the fare is much cheaper too. You can hop on/hop off as many times as you like during the day - good value.The bus is airconditioned with a running commentary as well. I would thoroughly recommend it. :) Haven't been on the others so can't really comment. We will be in Singapore again next February for our cruise to Bangkok/Saigon. Have fun.:rolleyes:

DD just went to Singapore two weeks ago. The hotel(conrad) recommend taking the city sightseeing hop and off. This one had more stops and a few circuits but was more expense around 27.

With a Singapore Airlines bus and boarding pass the price for that was 6. It went to all the main sights but meant you had to a bit more walking in little India and Chinatown to see those areas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived