Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom w/ Lots of Pics

wrigley80

I just wanted to pop in and say that I am getting our pictures uploaded and organized on photobucket. This will be my 5th Photo Review. I know how much I enjoy reading the photo reviews of other cruisers so I make it a point to take notes and lots of pictures while I am on vacation.

We (my dad and I) were on the Carnival Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale for the 6-day itinerary that went to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. We also spent 3 addititonal days after our cruise in the Orlando area.

While I continue to wait for my pictures to load feel free to ask any questions about the Freedom or anything else. :)

Your review was awesome! Thank you so much for posting. I looked at each and every picture you posted. I was also very envious knowing we will be setting sail in 8 very long weeks. I felt your excitement especially knowing it was your first cruise, we've all been there! Unfortunately every cruise, even after 13 the excitement will never diminish.

You started talking about the sail-a-way party on the Lido your day of departure and I felt so dang blasted empty inside knowing we had to wait for 8 weeks.

Thanks for making me smile and I'm so glad you had an awesome experience on your first sailing.

There is one thing you need to be aware of. You are now hooked and will now have to get therapy until your next cruise.

My lovely wife tried for 10 years to get me to cruise and it wasn't going to happen. I fought her for those long 10 years until finally giving in.

We took a 4 day on the 2nd sailing of the Disney ship. We arrived home on a Saturday and by 4:00 Monday afternoon our 2nd cruise was booked. We will be completing our 13th in 11 years with 10 of them being Carnival. I go Platinum in June.

Thanks again for your wonderful review. It was over the top awesome!

Did you have any problems in Key West finding places to park the scooter? We have always just walked around town on our visits....other than in December when we rode the Old Time Trolley and got to see the other side of the island for the first time.

No we never had a problem finding parking for our electric car but it all depends on where you are shopping/drinking and how many ships are in port. Along Duval Street there are pull off spots where you can park however if someone wanted to run into a shop and then another person stay with the car that is fine. There are enough side streets....even someone says something to you about moving you will have to move but we have never encountered a problem with parking.

Your review was awesome! Thank you so much for posting. I looked at each and every picture you posted. I was also very envious knowing we will be setting sail in 8 very long weeks. I felt your excitement especially knowing it was your first cruise, we've all been there! Unfortunately every cruise, even after 13 the excitement will never diminish.

You started talking about the sail-a-way party on the Lido your day of departure and I felt so dang blasted empty inside knowing we had to wait for 8 weeks.

Thanks for making me smile and I'm so glad you had an awesome experience on your first sailing.

There is one thing you need to be aware of. You are now hooked and will now have to get therapy until your next cruise.

My lovely wife tried for 10 years to get me to cruise and it wasn't going to happen. I fought her for those long 10 years until finally giving in.

We took a 4 day on the 2nd sailing of the Disney ship. We arrived home on a Saturday and by 4:00 Monday afternoon our 2nd cruise was booked. We will be completing our 13th in 11 years with 10 of them being Carnival. I go Platinum in June.

Thanks again for your wonderful review. It was over the top awesome!

Oh this was my not my first cruise. This was my 11th cruise on Carnival and 12th overall. You are so right though about the excitement factor that goes with cruising...it doesn't matter if its your first cruise or your 10th it is still so exciting.

This cruise on the Carnival Freedom was my dad's first Platinum cruise.....he loved having that Platinum Sail and Sign card :D

My dad and I are booked on the Carnival Sunshine for December 8. We are super excited about that.

Thank-You for reading my review...enjoy your next cruise being Platinum

Great review, we are sailing on her 4/20, me and dh will be the second time. Bringing our 21 ds this is his very first cruise. Freedom was my dh's first cruise. Beautiful pictures!

Thank-You. I just told my dad today that I would love to go on the Freedom again. We have a goal to go on every Carnival ship once before we double up on the same ones. We have cruised on half the fleet so far ;) :p :)

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida454_zps968c9674.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida446_zpsced4246d.jpg

Notice the ship in the background...it was a Celebrity ship that followed us all the way back to Fort Lauderdale

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida447_zpsd747b56c.jpg

The cruise is now complete...my Dad has a ship on a stick of his own now :p

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida453_zpsd2d86c0c.jpg

Atrium Bar

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida454_zps968c9674.jpg

I thought this was a cool picture. This was a lighthouse out in the middle of the ocean on our way back to Fort Lauderdale. You couldn't see land on either side of the ship

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida456_zps8d722219.jpg

Our gift from John Heald. We received these on our last night. That was so nice of him to think of us :)

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida457_zpsb78218b4.jpg

My dad cleans up nice. I bought him this shirt at Old Navy right before we went on the cruise. I never thought he would wear it but he promised that he would. He got so many compliments on his "formal" wear :p

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida459_zps9f4847e1.jpg

I love this picture of our waiters..... this was Adi, Milos, and Alan (from left to right). They were awesome guys

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida468_zpsa9704c4c.jpg

Me and Alan

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida469_zps04d0cb20.jpg

Dad and Milos

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida474_zps89d112e2.jpg

Me and Iputu....he was a waiter at another table but we met him on Day 1 on Lido Deck. He remembered our names ever since the first day

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida475_zps43e2f963.jpg

Dad and Jackie Lou....she was another Junior Hostess in the Chic Dining Room

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida477_zpsc695d0dc.jpg

Apple Pie

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida478_zps3f8d11b3.jpg

We only received a towel animal on 3 out of the 6 nights onboard

Participate in all the trivia contests and I'm sure you will win a coveted 24 karat ship on a stick.

Have fun on your first cruise.....Trust me when I say I'm sure it won't be your last ;) :) :p

Definently not. I've been wanting to do a cruise for several years and between things with schedules with friends, money, and just RL in general it kept falling though with planning. However, I think its going to be a yearly thing from now on. I found a cruise buddy and we're going to try different ports every time as well as pull new people in who want to join us when we say 'hey, we're going to x, y, z on the ABC in Date, join us!' and let everyone else go from there. We're paid for and ready to go, just the calendar wont speed up any faster. Shame too.

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida478_zps3f8d11b3.jpg

We only received a towel animal on 3 out of the 6 nights onboard

:eek: why???? I've never had that happen to me on a cruise. Well, Maybe only one night in 7 cruises?

Did your room steward not take care of your room in any other way? Did you always have clean towels, etc?

I just posted this...but can't find where it went...I was so glad to see the picture that showed the atrium bar...that showed that they serve draft Bud Light...this was our favorite thing on the Carnival Dream last May! I had asked several people if the Freedom had the draft Bud Light but nobody seemed to know....now by your picture I can see that they do! I can't wait to share this with my husband:)

Definently not. I've been wanting to do a cruise for several years and between things with schedules with friends, money, and just RL in general it kept falling though with planning. However, I think its going to be a yearly thing from now on. I found a cruise buddy and we're going to try different ports every time as well as pull new people in who want to join us when we say 'hey, we're going to x, y, z on the ABC in Date, join us!' and let everyone else go from there. We're paid for and ready to go, just the calendar wont speed up any faster. Shame too.

Don't wait because you never know what will happen tomorrow. If you have the chance and opportunity to go on a cruise or any vacation them take the time and go. My dad and I go on two sometimes three cruises a year.....we may not always be able to afford it but we make sacrifices and find the money to go

:eek: why???? I've never had that happen to me on a cruise. Well, Maybe only one night in 7 cruises?

Did your room steward not take care of your room in any other way? Did you always have clean towels, etc?

Yeah it has never happened to us on a cruise either. Our room steward wasn't very friendly.....he always seemed so rattled when you saw him on the hallway. The towel animals aren't a deal breaker but it is nice to see a surprise in the room at night when you come back after dinner and the show

What kind of camera did you say that you used on these pictures? They are great! Did you use the same camera for all the pictures-even the ones in Grand Cayman?

I used a Nikon S30 underwater camera for all the pictures in Grand Cayman. It was the first time I had used that camera and the pictures turned out perfect. I received the camera as a birthday gift. I believe it is about $100.00

For all my other pictures I used a Panasonic Lumix digital camera. I have had that camera for 3 years and I love it. It is the perfect size to put in your pocket for the day. I carry that camera with me everywhere on the ship.

I just posted this...but can't find where it went...I was so glad to see the picture that showed the atrium bar...that showed that they serve draft Bud Light...this was our favorite thing on the Carnival Dream last May! I had asked several people if the Freedom had the draft Bud Light but nobody seemed to know....now by your picture I can see that they do! I can't wait to share this with my husband:)

Bud Light and Red Frog Beer are the only two beers on draft on the ship

Hey Wrigleyquestion, is there no longer a traditional breakfast in the dining rooms every day? Thanks

There is still a traditional breakfast on port days in the dining room. But on sea days it is now the brunch that is served from 8:30-1:00 pm.

We're doing the 8 day eastern that goes to Tortola, Antigua, St Thomas and Nassau. Can't wait!

I would love to do that 8-day itinerary. We have never been to Antigua and Tortola.....it's definitely on my list of places I want to visit.

Have fun on your cruise