Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom w/ Lots of Pics

wrigley80

Wrigley,

Thanks for posting this amazing review of the Freedom! We will be on her in 222 days and I can't wait! It will be our very first cruise....been trying to get my boyfriend to go on a cruise for more than 10 years but he is absolutely not interested. If fact, he's still not excited, but felt obligated to go because I pulled the "I went to the Boundary Waters with you, so you can go on a cruise with me" card :D.....(the Boundary Waters trip was a canoe/camping wilderness adventure in northern Minnesota where we had to canoe in and carry ALL of our gear over portages to the next body of water, and so on. We did not shower and drank lake water. FOR 6 DAYS!!). :eek: Yep, a cruise sounds better to me :)

Anyhow, I read all 20+ pages today and pulled up the deck plans so I could see where you were when you took the pictures. I very much enjoyed reading all about your trip and looking at the pictures. We will be on a different itinerary when we sail, but it doesn't even matter where we go because I will be on a cruise!! And I will get to swim with dolphins which has been on my bucket list forever.

Thanks again!

You're welcome. Happy to hear that you enjoyed it. I would definitely say that you boyfriend owes you big time. You'll have a nice, warm shower every morning and you won't have to drink lake water.....lol

Have a great time on your cruise. You picked a great ship. Be sure to visit the Serenity deck late at night and lay out in a clamshell or a hammock. It is so peaceful to look up at the stars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Another fabulous review , thank you , loved the orlando & daytona pics too , cant wait for our freedom cruise in june , thanks , Louise ( uk ) .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much. We love extending the vacation before and after the cruise.

When you return from your cruise be sure to report back with a review so we can all see how much fun you had

• 5 weeks later...
I just wanted to pop in and say that I am getting our pictures uploaded and organized on photobucket. This will be my 5th Photo Review. I know how much I enjoy reading the photo reviews of other cruisers so I make it a point to take notes and lots of pictures while I am on vacation.

We (my dad and I) were on the Carnival Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale for the 6-day itinerary that went to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. We also spent 3 addititonal days after our cruise in the Orlando area.

While I continue to wait for my pictures to load feel free to ask any questions about the Freedom or anything else. :)

Question?? Since you've been on numerous cruises, I was wondering if you call and book directly with Carnival or do you use a travel agent?

In the past I used an online travel agency that guaranteed that if the price went down, they would credit us the difference. Also they usually had a few perks - like $$ on board credit. I called Carnival directly to book our cruise and paid it in full. They later reduced the price but when I called they said "sorry". So I am a VIFP gold status and I paid more for this upcoming cruise then anyone booking after me. That stinks! What's your advise? Stay with the on-line agency? Thank you much,

Glynice Kilkelly sailing 5/10 on the Freedom

Question?? Since you've been on numerous cruises, I was wondering if you call and book directly with Carnival or do you use a travel agent?

In the past I used an online travel agency that guaranteed that if the price went down, they would credit us the difference. Also they usually had a few perks - like $$ on board credit. I called Carnival directly to book our cruise and paid it in full. They later reduced the price but when I called they said "sorry". So I am a VIFP gold status and I paid more for this upcoming cruise then anyone booking after me. That stinks! What's your advise? Stay with the on-line agency? Thank you much,

Glynice Kilkelly sailing 5/10 on the Freedom

Hello. I am a TA so I make my own bookings. I check daily (sometimes 2-3 times a day) for price drops for my clients. If they are paid in full they will receive onboard credit if the price drop is in their cabin category.

I hope this answers your question

• 3 weeks later...
This time we decided to book with a company called MarineLand Tours. I was originally booked with Moby Dick Tours but I decided to switch because I had come across MarineLand's boat.

Their boat has steps and a platform that drops all the way into the water so you don't have to climb a ladder. This worked so much better......if any of you have people in your group that have mobility issues and want to go to Stingray City then go with MarineLand Tours

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida278_zps92f62132.jpg

This was the boat.....it was wonderful. The excursion has to be booked through Carnival and it was $52.00 per person. I usually don't book excursions through the Cruise Ship but with this one you have no other choice. I booked it at home before we left for Florida

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida281_zps2db4d829.jpg

Inside of the boat. There is also a sun deck

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida283_zpsd721760b.jpg

You are transported out to the boat on these trolleys

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida285_zps57e7a246.jpg

Dad and I are ready to swim with the stingrays

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida289_zps17777b90.jpg

There's the Carnival Freedom

I booked that tour for the same reason, easy on and off the boat! Thanks for the extra pictures.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Did you have the drink package?

I read MOST of the review and looked at all of the pictures but I may have missed if you mentioned it. If you did, was it worth it?

No we don't drink so no need for the Cheers package.

• 2 months later...

Hey Brianna, I absolutely LOVE your reviews. We are getting ready for a cruise on the Freedom and I've been reading your review and some of the photos aren't showing up anymore. Is that a issue with my computer? Do you have them posted somewhere else? I also have a question about how you check the cruise prices several times a day? Do I just go in and book another room to check the price or is there an easier way. I booked through a PVP and I don't think she checks at all. Thank you for your help.

Yeah some of the pics aren't on there anymore because of issues that I had with photobucket. Nothing wrong with your computer.

In order to check prices just go to Carnival's website and do a mock booking to check on prices. Just make sure that it is in the same category as the one you're in

Yeah some of the pics aren't on there anymore because of issues that I had with photobucket. Nothing wrong with your computer.

In order to check prices just go to Carnival's website and do a mock booking to check on prices. Just make sure that it is in the same category as the one you're in

Thank you. I'm so sad about the other photos. I love your reviews!!

• 1 year later...