Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom w/ Lots of Pics

wrigley80

I just wanted to pop in and say that I am getting our pictures uploaded and organized on photobucket. This will be my 5th Photo Review. I know how much I enjoy reading the photo reviews of other cruisers so I make it a point to take notes and lots of pictures while I am on vacation.

We (my dad and I) were on the Carnival Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale for the 6-day itinerary that went to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. We also spent 3 addititonal days after our cruise in the Orlando area.

While I continue to wait for my pictures to load feel free to ask any questions about the Freedom or anything else. :)

Cool :cool: We did this cruise in October and loved it. The only bad thing was it rained in Ocho Rios :(

I am looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing what you did at the ports, and your take on the service and crew on this ship. :)

My family and I are taking this cruise next month (25 days from now...yay!) to renew our vows for our 20th anniversary. I just have a few questions. Are there 2 formal nights, and also what to do in Ocho Rios. I'm not sure if Dunns Falls is for us, and I'm trying to find alternatives. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by jessiesgirl2013

I just wanted to pop in and say that I am getting our pictures uploaded and organized on photobucket. This will be my 5th Photo Review. I know how much I enjoy reading the photo reviews of other cruisers so I make it a point to take notes and lots of pictures while I am on vacation.

We (my dad and I) were on the Carnival Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale for the 6-day itinerary that went to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. We also spent 3 addititonal days after our cruise in the Orlando area.

While I continue to wait for my pictures to load feel free to ask any questions about the Freedom or anything else. :)

Do you enjoy Old Style Beer and Italians Beefs?

Looking forward to your review. I'm getting all the information as possible about Freedom.

Now about those Cubs..too many injuries right now.

Baker, Stewart, Garza...hoping your team gets health :)

I'm also looking forward to your review & photos !

Did you go to any of these:

Cooking demo at the steakhouse

Thriller Dance Class

80's night at disco (did people dress up?)

White party at disco (did people dress white?)

How was the Crème Brulee'? :)

What did they have for sale close to the dock in Ocho Rios....(.looking for purses, painted art, and sunglasses).

Can't wait to read your review! We are going on this exact cruise on May 26th! This will be our first time cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale...first time going to Jamaica (nervous about that) and first time to Grand Cayman.

Brianna...welcome back!!! Wish I had known you would be in the Orlando area, we could have met for drinks. I love Key West and am anxious to hear what you did there, we were there for Fantasyfest one year and had a blast. I sailed on the Freedom twice and had good cruise experiences both times. Looking forward to one of your great reviews.

Rose

Cool :cool: We did this cruise in October and loved it. The only bad thing was it rained in Ocho Rios :(

I am looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing what you did at the ports, and your take on the service and crew on this ship. :)

The Carnival Freedom had some of the best and most friendly crew members that we have ever come across on a Carnival ship.

In fact I came home with 5 new friend requests on Facebook. We had your time dining for the first time and we truly loved it. We had the same waiters every night.

My family and I are taking this cruise next month (25 days from now...yay!) to renew our vows for our 20th anniversary. I just have a few questions. Are there 2 formal nights, and also what to do in Ocho Rios. I'm not sure if Dunns Falls is for us, and I'm trying to find alternatives. Any help is appreciated.

Yes there are 2 formal nights....the night of Key West and the night of Ocho Rios are both formal nights.

We didn't get off the ship in Ocho Rios because we don't particularly enjoy Jamaica. But I know a lot of people from our ship that did the Jamaican Bobsled excursion. That looked like a lot of fun

Also will the Cubs win the World Series this year?

Well you get the funny question of the day award.......haha.

No.....I don't drink Old Style

Yes......I like Italian Beefs

And The Cubs will hopefully win the World Series at some point....but it's not definite......haha

Looking forward to your review. I'm getting all the information as possible about Freedom.

Now about those Cubs..too many injuries right now.

Baker, Stewart, Garza...hoping your team gets health :)

The Cubs don't stand a chance at even beating a decent high school baseball team......I don't even go to games anymore. It's too depressing

We truly enjoyed the Carnival Freedom. It was an easy ship to find your way around

Did you do Dunns river falls? Have they cleaned up the straw market at the top?

That was a disaster the last time we were there. Some local wanted to pull my wife and daughter into his "store" and wanted them to go in and see charlie. I don't know what or who Charlie was but they weren't going. :confused: I actually had to get between them and threaten the guy to move out of the way.

My reason for never going back to Ocho Rios.

Can't wait to read your review! We are going on this exact cruise on May 26th! This will be our first time cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale...first time going to Jamaica (nervous about that) and first time to Grand Cayman.

It was our first cruise out of Fort Lauderdale as well. We have cruised out of every port in Florida now.

We stayed onboard in Jamaica. In Grand Cayman we went to Stingray City with MarineLand Tours. I have a lot of great pics to come later on from our time in Grand Cayman.

Cayman Islands are one of my favorite ports if call in the Caribbean

Brianna...welcome back!!! Wish I had known you would be in the Orlando area, we could have met for drinks. I love Key West and am anxious to hear what you did there, we were there for Fantasyfest one year and had a blast. I sailed on the Freedom twice and had good cruise experiences both times. Looking forward to one of your great reviews.

Rose

Thanks Rose.....I can tell that we could be great friends. You sound like such a down to earth lady.....hehe.

I would have loved to meet up with ya. We were in Orlando for 3 days and we made our way all around.

Key West is my favorite port of call. That was the sole reason why we booked this cruise. I wanted to go back to Key West and we found a cheap price for this cruise

Hey Wrigley....we're sailing her in about 8 weeks for the 8 day. I didn't see your review, can you link me to it?

I really want to hear all about it. Looking forward to my 10th and what a great ship to sail on.

You can subscribe to my review. I will get going with the pics tomorrow. They are taking forever to load on to Photobucket

Did you do Dunns river falls? Have they cleaned up the straw market at the top?

That was a disaster the last time we were there. Some local wanted to pull my wife and daughter into his "store" and wanted them to go in and see charlie. I don't know what or who Charlie was but they weren't going. :confused: I actually had to get between them and threaten the guy to move out of the way.

My reason for never going back to Ocho Rios.

We never got off the ship in Ocho Rios for this sole reason. We were in Ocho Rios in 2007 and as we were leaving Dunn's River Falls the vendors continued to grab me and pull at me. I have no interest to get off the ship there.

I honestly don't think it's much better. We heard people coming back to the ship saying they wish they had stayed onboard