For Voyager People Who Just Returned from 9day

Hey, just a couple of questions:

1) Roughly how large was the 18-21 crowd on the ship, if you noticed?

2) Any theme nights?

3) Anybody who drove find any weird substances on their car when they returned, like some of the previous cruises had reported?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hey, just a couple of questions:

1) Roughly how large was the 18-21 crowd on the ship, if you noticed?

2) Any theme nights?

3) Anybody who drove find any weird substances on their car when they returned, like some of the previous cruises had reported?

Thanks in advance. :)

1. This was a fairly mature crowd. I would said the kids population (under 12 was really minimal)- probably because this is the last few weeks of school. Or it could be the geographic area sailing out of Bayonne. The teen population as about half the kid population. I brought a 13 and 9 year old and there weren't many playmates. There were only about 20 in each age group that went to the kids camp and about the same amount that didn't. As after as the barely legal crowd 18-21, they were also minimal. Most of them were on the sports deck in sports activities (skating, mini golf, basketball, rock climbing) as well as we saw them out at night in the Disco or at Liza Hendricks Band show. They were good. I didn't see any young drunks or obnoxious kids. I think they were well behaved.

2. There were two formal nights. The disco has 80's nights, 70's night.- There was a mardi gras parade on the promenade one night, but I wouldn't call those theme nights.

3. We drove and our vehicle didn't exhibit any strange look to it. As a matter of fact, it went to the car wash the day before we drove it to Bayonne. So we would have definitely noticed. What weird substance, like "soot"?

Thanks for your indepth answers! I greatly appreciate it.

The weird substances I'm referring to is what a bunch of posters here have been discussing in a thread in the past week. They've described it as some sort of dust that won't come off no matter how hard you scrub. If you scroll back a couple of pages on this board you'll find that active thread. Nevertheless I'm glad to hear that your vehicle didn't get any of whatever they're complaining about! It sounds really nasty, and I hope it was just a one time thing, specific to their cruise.

I wasn't at the port yet....I plan to cruise in August. However, the strange substance seems to have appeared on my car as well. When I went to the car wash 2 weeks ago, the man was trying to wipe it off to no avail. I had no idea what it was but it seems to be exactly what you described. The only thing I could think of is something in the air?......

Archived