Sell me your Cloud9 Spa wristband

gospelle

The room key is your access to those rooms. They are locked, and the room key unlocks them. The wristband is more of just a confirmation. One guest around the area saw all of our wristbands, and he asked me if he needed the wristband to get into the rooms, and where he could get one. I told him that the rooms were for those booked in the Cloud 9 Spa rooms, or that he could purchase a day or week pass. I don't know if he did or not.

You have to go to the Spa check in desk each and every visit to the spa. You give them your Sail and Sign and they give you a key to the spa and put a colored wristband on you. The color changes daily. When you finish in the spa you go back to the desk- turn in your key and get you S&S card back.

This goes for spa cabins and people who buy the pass.

You have to go to the Spa check in desk each and every visit to the spa. You give them your Sail and Sign and they give you a key to the spa and put a colored wristband on you. The color changes daily. When you finish in the spa you go back to the desk- turn in your key and get you S&S card back.

What ship was this for? It wasn't that way on the Magic. At least not for those in a spa cabin. Our room keys (sail & sign card) got us into the T-pool & other special rooms. My mom got the wristbands which were good for the whole week. On the first day, one of the workers showed me around and checked her list for my name. I don't remember them doing anything to my sail & sign card. I think it automatically was set up to let me into those rooms already, unless they did something that I don't remember. But I didn't have to check in with any worker the rest of the week. I went up there, swiped my sail & sign card, & it let me in all week. We could come & go without seeing any worker. I still have my white wristband. That's the only color I recall seeing.

On the Splendor even if you are in a spa cabin you have to check in with the spa before use and get a white key card. That key opens the door to the T-Pool and Thermal suites, your Sail and Sign does not. You get a plastic wristband similar to a hospital wristband in diff colors each day. Twice in the T-Pool a spa attendant came in and asked us to hold up our wrists so she could check our wrist bands to be sure no one had snuck in. It was the same when we had spa cabins and when we bought the spa pass on our Splendor cruises.

Thanks for the info on the Splendor. I'm not sure how it works on Dream or Breeze. I would guess that Breeze would follow the way Magic has done it. I should point out that I sailed Magic a year ago this week. It's always possible that they have changed how they do it there also. However, the Magic's system was much easier, for both guests & staff, so I would be surprised if they changed it. On Magic, the entrance to these rooms is right next to the front desk, so they would be watching to see if anyone tries to sneak in.

We were in a spa cabin on dream last week and we checked in on the first day and we got one wristband for the week (it was white and stretchy like those livestrong bracelets but white and said cloud 9) and then we had to go to the desk and trade our sign and sail cards for a key each time. They didn't scan the card or anything and we joked about how if we had those wristbands for our next cruise, they'd never know.

We did the week long spa pass on the Magic last July and they had different colored wristbands for each day. We turned in our room key to get a "white spa card key". The lady at the desk said they change the way they distribute the colored bands on each cruise so not to match up with the way the last weeks' band colors were. I suppose many people have tried to scam their ways into the spa and Carnival figured a way to break this.

The one day that we took the bands off for a formal night and we wanted to get back in the T-pool after- we had to get new bands back on and turn in our key again to be able to get back in the spa. They have your name on a list if you buy the pass for the week.If your name is not on the list- then no wrist band for you.

HTH

We were in a spa cabin on dream last week and we checked in on the first day and we got one wristband for the week (it was white and stretchy like those livestrong bracelets but white and said cloud 9) and then we had to go to the desk and trade our sign and sail cards for a key each time. They didn't scan the card or anything and we joked about how if we had those wristbands for our next cruise, they'd never know.

This is how it was for us on the Dream too.

Maggie

I was in a Cloud 9 Spa room on the Magic last spring break and we just used our stateroom cards to access the spa area and DH and I each had a white bracelet that said "Cloud 9"

I don't know how this would be a good idea. I would be nervous that my stateroom card could possibly be stolen because I do not carry a card with me into each sauna, steam room, or T-pool. My clothing (bathing suit) does not always have a pocket and I often just leave the spa card in my robe hanging on a hook outside of each room I enter. I prefer that the spa's front desk takes my card and exchange it for a card "key" and this is how it has always been for us for both the Dream and Splendor.

I was in a Cloud 9 Spa room on the Magic last spring break and we just used our stateroom cards to access the spa area and DH and I each had a white bracelet that said "Cloud 9"

Same for me, but the varying reports have me confused as to how it works now. Things could have changed on Magic, or I have another theory. I wonder if it was merely an option to have the workers hold the sail & sign card, and be given another card to access the spa. Maybe we who are booked in spa rooms could have done it either way. It's possible that those of us who did it one way didn't know that we had the other option. That would apply to me.

I was more comfortable with simply using my sail & sign card, since I always kept it close by me. But to those not comfortable with that, maybe they could've had the workers hold it. Just a guess. But again, this would be for those that are booked in a Cloud 9 Spa room: being able to use the sail & sign card for entrance instead of checking in with someone and exchanging cards. For those that purchase the daily or weekly pass, it sounds like they would have to get the special spa access card, and would get a different colored bracelet every day, one that would have to be cut off (if I'm reading between the lines correctly).

Same for me, but the varying reports have me confused as to how it works now. Things could have changed on Magic, or I have another theory. I wonder if it was merely an option to have the workers hold the sail & sign card, and be given another card to access the spa. Maybe we who are booked in spa rooms could have done it either way. It's possible that those of us who did it one way didn't know that we had the other option. That would apply to me.

I was more comfortable with simply using my sail & sign card, since I always kept it close by me. But to those not comfortable with that, maybe they could've had the workers hold it. Just a guess. But again, this would be for those that are booked in a Cloud 9 Spa room: being able to use the sail & sign card for entrance instead of checking in with someone and exchanging cards. For those that purchase the daily or weekly pass, it sounds like they would have to get the special spa access card, and would get a different colored bracelet every day, one that would have to be cut off (if I'm reading between the lines correctly).

At least on the dream, the room keys definitely didn't work for access. I tried on accident a couple days! haha.

Archived