Jolly Beach Resort Updated Pricing

IslandToIsland

I emailed Jolly Beach Resort to get updated day pass pricing and got an email back saying they no longer offer the $60pp rate. As of July 2012 the only rate they have is $75pp from 9-5 with a 10% discount for 10 or more people. They sent me the updated pricing sheet and that seems like quite a hike in one shot. Just though I'd share for anyone who had plans on visiting.

• 2 months later...
I emailed Jolly Beach Resort to get updated day pass pricing and got an email back saying they no longer offer the $60pp rate. As of July 2012 the only rate they have is $75pp from 9-5 with a 10% discount for 10 or more people. They sent me the updated pricing sheet and that seems like quite a hike in one shot. Just though I'd share for anyone who had plans on visiting.

Hey Tracey; Sue here from the NFL in Feb2014. I have been trying to find out about this port. Have you been here before and if so, could you share a bit about it with me :confused: Can't seem to find much other than 2 beaches !!!

Sue

Hey Tracey; Sue here from the NFL in Feb2014. I have been trying to find out about this port. Have you been here before and if so, could you share a bit about it with me :confused: Can't seem to find much other than 2 beaches !!!

Sue

Hi Sue, we have been to Antigua twice....the first time we went to Jolly Beach Resort and 2nd time we did a Carnival excursion which was really nice also, but I forget the name. Jolly Beach was really nice and it took about 20 min- 1/2 hr to get there. I have pics if you would like to see. Like i said they jacked up the price and I think that is too high when you can get the same amenities at another resort. There are a few beaches that I have read about....Hawksbill Resort, Darkwood Beach, Valley Church Beach, Coconut Beach Club which I believe Amy is looking into, Dickenson, Long Bay, but Jolly Beach is the only one I have experience with.

Hi Sue, we have been to Antigua twice....the first time we went to Jolly Beach Resort and 2nd time we did a Carnival excursion which was really nice also, but I forget the name. Jolly Beach was really nice and it took about 20 min- 1/2 hr to get there. I have pics if you would like to see. Like i said they jacked up the price and I think that is too high when you can get the same amenities at another resort. There are a few beaches that I have read about....Hawksbill Resort, Darkwood Beach, Valley Church Beach, Coconut Beach Club which I believe Amy is looking into, Dickenson, Long Bay, but Jolly Beach is the only one I have experience with.

Thanks ..after researching, we are leaning toward Coconut Beach, but will keep checking !!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Carnival Breeze on 7/20/13 and I am having a hard time deciding what we are gonna do there... we just want to see a bit of the island and spend the rest of the day at the beach. I guess I am having a hard time understanding the lay of the land...relation of the beaches to port and what is available if you don't book an excursion through the cruise line. Any advice? We have 2 boys ages 12 and 17... Any suggestions would be a big help!

IsandGirl... after reading the review on the other thread, my husband and I are going to Jolly Beach Resort in Antigua. It looks like a fabulous beach with a big pool. Plus you get lunch, etc. I was originally going to do Coconut Beach Club, but I'm afraid it's going to be too crowded.

We'll be on the same cruise as you. ;)

I found another tour that is thru Scenic Tours Antigua...here is what they sent me in an email...

"The beach time for the Island Experience is about 2hrs and for the Pineapple East Tour you get to the location about 9:45 a.m. and you are picked up at 3:00 p.m (or earlier if you request). If you choose the day pass option you have the hotel facilities at your disposal e.g. restaurants for lunch and unlimited snacks and drinks, pool, tennis courts, snorkeling equipment and more."

The cost for the full day is $75.00... $55 for the day pass and $20 for the transport for an adult. For children its $57.00 I believe... it includes a tour of the island too. Here is the link.... http://scenictoursantigua.com/v2/online-bookings/tour/pineapple-east-tour/#more-557

More info: google Pineapple East and click on daypass...

I am thinking this is significantly less than Jolly Beach's day pass...:)

Snowteacher,

We are actually flying into Miami on Friday night...if we can get 6 in a taxi to Jolly Beach then that would be great! I will email them and reserve our day pass as well. It would be ideal if they would give us a mini tour around the island on the way. I have heard that many of the taxis do that. In fact, I ran across a tour company that will do a short tour and then drop you off at Jolly beach then come back and pick you up at whatever time you tell them to- I think its $20 round trip. I will check into that...we are headed to the coast in a few hours and will be back on Sunday... I will check on that when I get back. Have a great weekend! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Let's keep the conversation here specifically about Jolly Beach Resort in Antigua. Thread hijacking is against the Community Guidelines. Off topic posts will be removed. Thanks for your cooperation.

Archived