I would like to book with Carnival but

jtwanabe

Their trip & med coverage seems like it's half the twice the price for a third of

the coverage.

Am I reading it right?

Thanks,

Check out insuremytrip.com and you will find many other options. Carnival's coverage tends to leave a lot to be desired. Good luck!

Their trip & med coverage seems like it's half the twice the price for a third of

the coverage.

Am I reading it right?

Thanks,

Especially if you're younger, you can generally get higher coverages and lower premium with the so-called 3rd party Insurers like TravelEx, Trip Insured, CSA, etc. IMO Carnival's Medical coverage is very low , the MedEvac coverage is marginal, and the policy does not offer "Waiver of Pre-Existing Conditions" (that you can get included in most other Policies by purchasing w/in 14-21 days of Cruise Deposit). If you're "military qualified" you can get even slightly lower premiums and some slightly higher coverages via USAA. ken

I just got my family covered on my next cruise for $25 per person for great primary coverage from Travelex. Its not secondary so I don't have to exhaust all my resources first then call them to pick up whats left. If there is an emergency where I need insurance, last thing I want to do is call a bunch of different people on top.

I just call them and they handle it as the primary.

I just got my family covered on my next cruise for $25 per person for great primary coverage from Travelex. Its not secondary so I don't have to exhaust all my resources first then call them to pick up whats left. If there is an emergency where I need insurance, last thing I want to do is call a bunch of different people on top.

I just call them and they handle it as the primary.

Except in extraordinary circumstances, all trip insurance operates on a reimbursement basis. So for most emergencies, it doesn't matter if it's primary or secondary... you need to front the money out-of-pocket either way.

(All medevac coverage operates as primary, no matter the underlying medical coverage.)

Except in extraordinary circumstances, all trip insurance operates on a reimbursement basis. So for most emergencies, it doesn't matter if it's primary or secondary... you need to front the money out-of-pocket either way.

(All medevac coverage operates as primary, no matter the underlying medical coverage.)

Very true. Just cuts down on some phone tag between parties. Thats good for me lol

Archived