Weirdddd... Early Saver Price Drop Question

maddea20

Hello CC people.

Ok here is the deal. Someone in my roll call stated there was a price drop for our sailing. I booked this cruise last Oct under the Early Saver rate. So I tried calling Carnival a couple of days ago and was on hold for about 30 mins until I did some research and realized I have to submit a form online, ok done!

Well I just received an email a few mins ago pretty much just showing an update of my reservation as if I called and spoke with someone and they thought they'd send me an email confirmation or something. Of course I didn't speak to anyone. Ok the weird thing is, my cruise rate went down $370. How is this possible?

First off, I keep reading that you can only either receive an upgrade of your cabin or an onboard credit. I still owe about half of my payment (well now I owe $370 less) but I thought we would still have to pay in full and then receive an onboard credit? Now of course I'm not mad at receiving this price drop, the thing is my balcony had a rate of $1,334 pp when we made the reservation last year and now the price dropped to $1,114 pp. I submitted a claim for the $1,114 pp, however this reservation confirmation they just sent me, with no explanation mind you, says I now have a rate of $1,149 pp. I should have had $440 taken off not $370. If I'm doing my math right, which I believe I am. That's $70 they still owe. Unless someone can tell me there is a $35 fee pp that they charge for submitting a claim form?

Anyways, I tried calling Carnival just now and of course and they said it will be a 90 min wait time. I was planning to just wait it out but after a few seconds the phone hung up on me and I got a busy signal. SMH!!:rolleyes:

Has this happened to anyone? We're we supposed to get an onboard credit or a refund of the difference back like they did? After you send a claim form what type of email are you supposed to receive to let you know it was processed correctly? Also can I still try to get that $70 I believe I should get if the rate is still showing $1,114 not $1,149? (I have no idea where they got that rate from anyway.)

Uhm help?

Thanks for reading my issue. :cool:

Hello CC people.

Ok here is the deal. Someone in my roll call stated there was a price drop for our sailing. I booked this cruise last Oct under the Early Saver rate. So I tried calling Carnival a couple of days ago and was on hold for about 30 mins until I did some research and realized I have to submit a form online, ok done!

Well I just received an email a few mins ago pretty much just showing an update of my reservation as if I called and spoke with someone and they thought they'd send me an email confirmation or something. Of course I didn't speak to anyone. Ok the weird thing is, my cruise rate went down $370. How is this possible?

First off, I keep reading that you can only either receive an upgrade of your cabin or an onboard credit. I still owe about half of my payment (well now I owe $370 less) but I thought we would still have to pay in full and then receive an onboard credit? Now of course I'm not mad at receiving this price drop, the thing is my balcony had a rate of $1,334 pp when we made the reservation last year and now the price dropped to $1,114 pp. I submitted a claim for the $1,114 pp, however this reservation confirmation they just sent me, with no explanation mind you, says I now have a rate of $1,149 pp. I should have had $440 taken off not $370. If I'm doing my math right, which I believe I am. That's $70 they still owe. Unless someone can tell me there is a $35 fee pp that they charge for submitting a claim form?

Anyways, I tried calling Carnival just now and of course and they said it will be a 90 min wait time. I was planning to just wait it out but after a few seconds the phone hung up on me and I got a busy signal. SMH!!:rolleyes:

Has this happened to anyone? We're we supposed to get an onboard credit or a refund of the difference back like they did? After you send a claim form what type of email are you supposed to receive to let you know it was processed correctly? Also can I still try to get that $70 I believe I should get if the rate is still showing $1,114 not $1,149? (I have no idea where they got that rate from anyway.)

Uhm help?

Once they process your form - you get a revised confirmation which should should the "new" adjusted rate and what is now due for final payment.

They contiune to adjust off of your final payment until it's made. After any drops are applied as OBC.

$370.00 is not too crazy - we've seen $250.00/pp just in the last week and a half - for our August cruise. ;) Part of the drops is no doubt due to cancellations due to Carnival's current issues. But - hey I will contiune to take whatever they offer!

If you haven't already paid in full, they'll just lower the amount you owe (rather than make you pay in full, then give you the OBC).

As for the weird price, can't help there. They've just done the same thing to me with 3 separate rooms. Adjusted to some unknown price which is higher than what I submitted the form for.

Hello CC people.

Uhm help?

If you get a fare reduction prior to Final Payment Deadline, they normally reduce your Balance due. You might check to see if the Govt Fees and Taxes went up since your original booking - if you get a fare adjustment they will subtract any increase in Govt Fees and Taxes. Also, if you have 3rd/4th pax in the cabin, the fare drop probably isn't the same for 3rd/4th passengers in the cabin. ken

Once they process your form - you get a revised confirmation which should should the "new" adjusted rate and what is now due for final payment.

They contiune to adjust off of your final payment until it's made. After any drops are applied as OBC.

$370.00 is not too crazy - we've seen $250.00/pp just in the last week and a half - for our August cruise. ;) Part of the drops is no doubt due to cancellations due to Carnival's current issues. But - hey I will contiune to take whatever they offer!

The thing is they used the wrong rate period. I would be fine with $370 if the correct rate I submitted was for $1,149 pp. Thanks for answering.

If you haven't already paid in full, they'll just lower the amount you owe (rather than make you pay in full, then give you the OBC).

As for the weird price, can't help there. They've just done the same thing to me with 3 separate rooms. Adjusted to some unknown price which is higher than what I submitted the form for.

Ok I was confused on the whole OBC thing. After 8 cruises, I've never received an OBC before. Thanks!

If the price now is still the lower price, I would submit another ES form. Don't know if it will work, but it can't hurt.

Thanks, I actually did this last night because I thought the first form I completed was wrong so hopefully they received the second form too and will change the price. The price is still showing as $1,114 on their website.

If you get a fare reduction prior to Final Payment Deadline, they normally reduce your Balance due. You might check to see if the Govt Fees and Taxes went up since your original booking - if you get a fare adjustment they will subtract any increase in Govt Fees and Taxes. Also, if you have 3rd/4th pax in the cabin, the fare drop probably isn't the same for 3rd/4th passengers in the cabin. ken

Thanks. Only me and my mom in the cabin :)

Did you check to see if the taxes have changed? Many times that can explain the discrepency between your calculation and theirs. Otherwise Im not sure and you can always call to inquire.

Yes I checked and the taxes are still the same. I just compared the old conf I received last yr to the one I received today and its still showing $225.10.

Thanks, I actually did this last night because I thought the first form I completed was wrong so hopefully they received the second form too and will change the price. The price is still showing as $1,114 on their website.

Try and grab a screen shot in case you need proof (and if the price does go up before you hear back).

Apparently I'm reading and finding out I'm not the only one this has happened too in the past few days, so I feel a lot better now. Unfortunately I can't get on the phone with any Carnival reps as the line keeps hanging up on me. It's crazy now. They need to hire some temporary staff to take on calls for just processing a price drop I guess. Something simple to teach someone in about 30 mins.

This happened to me as well today. I submitted the form on Monday and got back a new 'CabinCofirmations' email today. My cruise rate dropped $430! I had submitted for OBC on the form... but in light of this new confirmation... I'm assuming they just lowered the rate instead of applied OBC. Either way, $430 is $430 whether it's in my pocket or in OBC! :)

This happened to me as well today. I submitted the form on Monday and got back a new 'CabinCofirmations' email today. My cruise rate dropped $430! I had submitted for OBC on the form... but in light of this new confirmation... I'm assuming they just lowered the rate instead of applied OBC. Either way, $430 is $430 whether it's in my pocket or in OBC! :)

Better in your pocket then theirs. If you have OBC and need to cancel or change, you'll lose all of it.

Hello CC people.

Uhm help?

Same thing is going on with me as well. I think one person is responsible for putting in the new rate on the individual passenger. Then a second person, maybe someone with more seniority follows behind and okays the OBC or upgrade. I'm going to let it ride a few days to allow them to catch up. I wouldn't call Carnival on a bet right now.... they are swamped.

Did you check to see if they added a booking charge/credit line? I don't know how in the world they're using this field, but lately part of my drop has been going on the rate itself, and a small portion has appeared as a credit in this booking charge/credit line, so it nets out the same. It's taken me 2 1/2 weeks to figure out how they came to the price they got, and what amount they put on the charge/credit line, and why!

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Apparently I'm reading and finding out I'm not the only one this has happened too in the past few days, so I feel a lot better now. Unfortunately I can't get on the phone with any Carnival reps as the line keeps hanging up on me. It's crazy now. They need to hire some temporary staff to take on calls for just processing a price drop I guess. Something simple to teach someone in about 30 mins.

I asked my PVP if they were hiring and he said they were, but you have to live close enough to Miami to be able to work there. I'd be happy to take calls for Carnival in my home. :D Oh, well....

I asked my PVP if they were hiring and he said they were, but you have to live close enough to Miami to be able to work there. I'd be happy to take calls for Carnival in my home. :D Oh, well....

Oh please, we all know the Carnival people who answer the phone and lounging at home in their pj's on the couch watching tv, taking calls. Otherwise, please explain the dog barking or TV blaring in the background on the few times I've called.

Seriously.

Oh please, we all know the Carnival people who answer the phone and lounging at home in their pj's on the couch watching tv, taking calls. Otherwise, please explain the dog barking or TV blaring in the background on the few times I've called.

Seriously.

I'm not saying they don't use some phone outsourcing, but I do know for a fact that they have a physical call center in Miami (Miramar actually). That is also where PVP's work. ;)

...I had to change my room in order to get it. Apparently I booked an 8B room and not an 8A one (whatever that means). I was on the phone for 30 mins with this rep after holding for 90 mins (had the phone on Speaker in my office at work) and this woman could not tell me what this 8B/8A stuff meant. Maybe someone on here knows? Basically I was not given the price I wanted because I didn't have an 8A cabin, so her computer would not give me the $1,114 pp rate. She told me I would need to change my room in order to get that rate. My "8B" room was only good for a $1,149 rate. SMH. Anyways, I told her the website doesn't say anything about A or B and the rate is still staying the same no matter what deck I choose. She told me if I pick a room on Deck 6 than I could have the rate I want because deck 6 has 8A rooms? So basically since I'm not in love with the room I originally picked on deck 7, I told her to go ahead and put me in a room on Deck 6. Whatever. The last thing I was going to do was try to call back and be on hold for another hr and a half with someone else.

So that's how I finally rec'd my rate. Hopefully if there is another price drop I won't be told I need to be in a 7B room on the Riviera deck in order to get it. :rolleyes:

...I had to change my room in order to get it. Apparently I booked an 8B room and not an 8A one (whatever that means). I was on the phone for 30 mins with this rep after holding for 90 mins (had the phone on Speaker in my office at work) and this woman could not tell me what this 8B/8A stuff meant. Maybe someone on here knows? Basically I was not given the price I wanted because I didn't have an 8A cabin, so her computer would not give me the $1,114 pp rate. She told me I would need to change my room in order to get that rate. My "8B" room was only good for a $1,149 rate. SMH. Anyways, I told her the website doesn't say anything about A or B and the rate is still staying the same no matter what deck I choose. She told me if I pick a room on Deck 6 than I could have the rate I want because deck 6 has 8A rooms? So basically since I'm not in love with the room I originally picked on deck 7, I told her to go ahead and put me in a room on Deck 6. Whatever. The last thing I was going to do was try to call back and be on hold for another hr and a half with someone else.

So that's how I finally rec'd my rate. Hopefully if there is another price drop I won't be told I need to be in a 7B room on the Riviera deck in order to get it. :rolleyes:

If you google cruise deck plans, you will find a site that will show you what the catagory is for each room on each floor of the ship you are sailing. "8" is for balconies - "A " represents the lowest balcony. (we always book these!) I am surprised that a carnival rep was not able to explain the difference to you.

Archived