Blue Grotto malta

It was beautiful there, not a lot to see other than the boat ride and then a few souvenir shops. We took the bus there and walked down the hill to the boat dock. Then we walked back up and over to the stone age ruins down the road. That was rather interesting as well.

as you leave the port there are taxicabs waiting and they have set rates that are pretty reasonable. I think we hired one for about 4 hours for about $50. Our first stop was at the Blue Grotto. The cab driver waited for us while we looked around and did the boat ride. That is all that is there BUT it was absolutely beautiful!!!I have never seen water like that before or since. I am so glad that we went there. From there we went to to the glass factory,craft village, old town then dropped in Valletta. It was an easy walk back to the ship (although they have a bus for about $1). It's a great port. I hope you get to the Blue Grotto!

• 11 months later...
When I was on Malta, we went to the Blue Grotto for a day by boat. We

swam there. It's a very beautiful place. I loved it.

Last time we were in Malta we only stopped to look at it as we had a full day planned. I really would like to do this on this trip. Did you take a cab there? We really have seen just about everything else including the hypogeum as we had an amazing guide but the grotto is something I have yet to cross of my list.

Last time we were in Malta we only stopped to look at it as we had a full day planned. I really would like to do this on this trip. Did you take a cab there? We really have seen just about everything else including the hypogeum as we had an amazing guide but the grotto is something I have yet to cross of my list.

Yes we took a cab there (see my post above). You really need to be in a boat and go out a little to appreciate the beauty of this place. As mentioned by others, there is not a lot there except the boat tour a the few small shops,but what you see while on the boat tour is well worth going!Have a great trip!

So you just walked up to a boat and asked to hire it like a gondola in Venice ? How long was the boat ride and if you recall what was the approx cost?

Thanks!

The cab drove us to the area where the boats take you out to the caves that you rides into. There is a ticket booth to get your ticket and you go over to the dock. There was a small line. The boats only hold about 6-8 people. We followed the suggestion and went there straight away after getting of the ship to avoid a long line. The boat ride was under an hour I think. I don't want to give too much away but it really was crazy beautiful! I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have!

• 2 weeks later...