I am pretty sure this won't work..

sally r

but the only flight available home after our Sapphire cruise (10/22/05 Mexican Riv) is at 11:24 am. Too early? Anyone else have this early of a flight?

We have some other options but they are all more money. Should I just pay up and avoid the stress?

First time on Princess and really looking forward to the experience.

LGB is about 20-25 minutes from the Port.....and there's essentially zero check-in delays. With web check-in and preprinted boarding passes, this might not be the dumbest thing you've ever done.

I would highly, *HIGHLY* suggest springing the extra $20 or so for a towncar service rather than a cab, just to be sure, and consider packing lightly enough to carry off your own bags rather than having to hunt through the masses.

Eric

Thanks everyone. Some of the others on our roll call have booked noon flights out of LAX. I think that is about the same as an 11:30 out of LGB..considering travel time and airport congestion. I just hate being rushed, especially in the morning!

Vibeguy..I will look into a town car but we are a party of four so may book a van. Packing light is not an option, three of us are women!

I think you should be fine. With the four of you, definitely book a van. That way, you're not looking for a cab or waiting for a bus to fill. Also, a van with four people can go into the fast lane, bypassing local traffic (at least it can on the way to LAX). Make sure you have the van's phone # so you can call and coordinate when you're exiting the ship so that they're there ready and waiting for you. If you don't get the Red 1, 2 or 3 disembarkation tags, go to the Pursar's desk and ask for them.

Two van services that I know of, and you can book 'em on the internet, are Prime Time Shuttle and SuperShuttle. With four, you can book your own van rather than a shared van.

We made a 12:15 LAX flight with plenty of time to spare when we disembarked from the Diamond Princess Mex Riv itinerary this April. I'd originally booked a 2:00 flight which was changed to 12:15. I spoke with the pursers' office and was given an early disembarkation group color.

We were off the ship, through the Customs passport holders line and had our luggage in no time. I had originally ordered a car to pick us up but we were off the ship so fast we were going to have to wait a half hour for the car. Instead I cancelled the car and the baggage handler grabbed a taxi van for us and we were on our way. I was amazed how easy it all was.

We got to LAX, sat around for a while, had lunch in Chili's and then made our flight.

You'll be fine with your flight time as long as you get an early "color".

Live near the Long Beach airport and can't stress enough that if you have the opportunity to avoid LAX--DO IT! LGB is an easy airport, about the size of a few homes put together. Ok, well not that small, but I don't think it is even the size of most regional airports. Your 11:30am departure will be fine. Enjoy!

Archived