Anybody use Viv Tours in Belize?

wannago35

I'm considering booking the cave tubing excursion with them, but based on the carnival website I don't think they are one of the tour carriers (the tubes don't looks like the ones on carnival's website pics).

Wondering if anyone used them and had any problems getting back to the ship on time? I know it can be risky booking excursions that aren't connected to the cruise line so I wanted to check first.

Thanks.

There is TONS of info on this at the "port of call" area as well as on tripadvisor :)

We went with .BZ and LOVED IT!

Quick question on .BZ - can that be booked via Carnival? On the website I don't see tour company names.

My daughter and I used them in December 2012. Their tubes are the best with mesh bottoms and neck rests. They also carry your tubes most of the way which was really appreciated by my 66 year old body!

Edited by janisutx

Hi I'm not sure if you're set on VIV for the cavetubing, but I would like to highly suggest Cavetubing.bz with Vitalino Reyes. He is on tripadvisor, Facebook and here on Cruise Critic. We booked with him through his website (no deposit required) through the recommendations of many on this site. Great guides with a wealth of information about their country. Just a great tour all around! Hope this helps.

My daughter and I used them in December 2012. Their tubes are the best with mesh bottoms and neck rests. They also carry your tubes most of the way which was really appreciated by my 66 year old body!

OK I'm sorry, are you talking about .bz or Viv?

I'm considering booking the cave tubing excursion with them, but based on the carnival website I don't think they are one of the tour carriers (the tubes don't looks like the ones on carnival's website pics).

Wondering if anyone used them and had any problems getting back to the ship on time? I know it can be risky booking excursions that aren't connected to the cruise line so I wanted to check first.

Thanks.

Do it! They are awesome, we went in September 2012 and did the zipline/cavetube combo they offer. GREAT DAY!

Hi I'm not sure if you're set on VIV for the cavetubing, but I would like to highly suggest Cavetubing.bz with Vitalino Reyes. He is on tripadvisor, Facebook and here on Cruise Critic. We booked with him through his website (no deposit required) through the recommendations of many on this site. Great guides with a wealth of information about their country. Just a great tour all around! Hope this helps.

It does, I was concerned about the tubes in particular, which looked much better on Viv. But found a post that said .bz just updated their tubes & I saw that on their website so they're back in the running :)

May I ask if you were able to book .bz via Carnival? I'm kind of nervous about us getting back to the boat on time (hence my OP about Viv).

Thanks for your input! :) Definitely helped!

Edited by wannago35

We used VIV on an NCL cruise 2 years ago and my husband and kids enjoyed it. They did the cave tubing and zip lining combo.

Unfortunately, I missed that port entirely due to a bad cold...I quarantined myself for the day so I wouldn't have to miss snorkeling in Cozumel.

We have used VIV twice and they were the most professional tour guides we had. They do assist with carrying your tubes. For some reason our tubing through the caves were longer... (think cause we walked further into the rain forest.). Groups were smaller..not a bus full. As others mention their tubes were the most comfortable we ever had.

I would used them again without any hesitation.

Cathy

It does, I was concerned about the tubes in particular, which looked much better on Viv. But found a post that said .bz just updated their tubes & I saw that on their website so they're back in the running :)

May I ask if you were able to book .bz via Carnival? I'm kind of nervous about us getting back to the boat on time (hence my OP about Viv).

Thanks for your input! :) Definitely helped!

They (.bz) are an independent tour operator, and we booked through their website, $50 each incl lunch (which we didnt pay until the end of the tour). I read quite a few of their reviews on trip advisor first, and they are very aware of all the ships timings. To be honest, all of the operators would be ultra aware of ships timings, otherwise one mistake like that would cost them dearly. Its a great tour no matter who you use. I just really liked how knowledgeablte their guides were. They really took pride in their country.

• 8 months later...

Did them for cave tube, and was great. Guides were great, took you further up river than some other tours, which meant another large cave we tubed through. Very knowledgeable, helpful and just all around great day. One thing though, there had been some sort of labor dispute, and we had to carry our own tubes. No big deal to us, but may have been to others. They compensated with a lunch after tour. So confirm before booking. Great time.