Shabby?

OnTheWater50

I would love some honest feedback from recent Azamara cruisers. My mother and I took and Azamara cruise (Istanbul to Athens) in fall of 2011 and LOVED it. The staff was amazing and friendly, the food was good, the ship was just the right amount of casual/pampering and friendly/independent for us. We had a balcony room and it was fine but...the one thing noted was the fact that the ship was clearly going to need a touch-up soon (furniture dinged, carpets dirty in places, some of the decor a little cheesy, pool tile old and tired) and was glad to hear both ships were going in for dry dock in 2012. I have been following reviews since the dry docks of both ships and it seems that some of the repairs/replacements I had hoped would be done have not been done - some reviewers actually commenting on the new beds/balcony furniture along with the continued dinged-up furniture and other stuff that comes from hard use. My husband and I are now considering a cruise with Azamara in 2014 and, while I do think Azamara offers value for money, it's not cheap! I would like my surroundings to be clean and relatively new/up-to-date. (I don't need fancy and the showers, while small, were fine with me.) Any comments about the recent dry dock changes from recent cruisers would be much appreciated.

We have never had a problem with teh furnishings on the Quest. We will be on a B2B2B this summer and are really looking forward to the cruise. We will be happy to report on what we find.. To be honest, we travel on Azamara because of the crew,not the furniture.....

After a recent cruise on the Quest, I can tell you that the condition of the ship has been much improved. Threads no longer hang from upholstered chairs, furniture which was badly nicked has been fixed, and things look refreshed. Some murals have been removed, some light fixtures have been changed, the pool loungers have been replaced and there are new pool towels There was a need for updating and it has been addressed. I think you'll be happy.

After a recent cruise on the Quest, I can tell you that the condition of the ship has been much improved. Threads no longer hang from upholstered chairs, furniture which was badly nicked has been fixed, and things look refreshed. Some murals have been removed, some light fixtures have been changed, the pool loungers have been replaced and there are new pool towels There was a need for updating and it has been addressed. I think you'll be happy.

We were in suite 8063 and for $8,000 I have to say I was a little disappointed...cracked tile and the curtains were practically threadbare and ripped...did it ruin our cruise..not at all...we realized that it is a 12 yr. old ship, however, when doing a huge dry dock, change the curtains!!

The post from deise17311 (Hi Dwight!) reminded me that when we were on our South America cruise in January we found that the sheer curtains at the veranda door were ripped at the bottom. Didn't bother us a lot and we didn't say anything. However, mid-way through the cruise our stateroom attendant took the curtains down for a day for repair. We also happened to lunch with another couple who complained bitterly about the torn curtains in their suite. I thought the ship looked in pretty good shape considering its age, although I think painting the hull dark blue was a mistake...it showed every scrape and bump.

I thought the ship looked in pretty good shape considering its age, although I think painting the hull dark blue was a mistake...it showed every scrape and bump.

We sailed on the Quest when it sailed for Renaissance as the R7. It had a very dark hull then. The more things change ...

The post from deise17311 (Hi Dwight!) reminded me that when we were on our South America cruise in January we found that the sheer curtains at the veranda door were ripped at the bottom. Didn't bother us a lot and we didn't say anything. However, mid-way through the cruise our stateroom attendant took the curtains down for a day for repair. We also happened to lunch with another couple who complained bitterly about the torn curtains in their suite. I thought the ship looked in pretty good shape considering its age, although I think painting the hull dark blue was a mistake...it showed every scrape and bump.

Hi Mare! The rest of the ship I loved! The library and common areas are top notch!

Archived