Disappointed with Beverage Package

I really enjoyed the premium alcoholic beverage package on my last two Celebrity sailings, and I was pleased to see Royal start to offer it. But after looking more closely, I am really disappointed in the package. There are a lot of BIG differences:

Celebrity allows up to $12 per drink, and if you order something more expensive (scotch, brandy, glass of wine), you can do so and just pay the difference. On Royal, it's either on the package, or you pay the full price. And as such, you're stuck with the disappointing house wine.:(

Celebrity also includes bottled water, canned soda, premium coffees and fresh squeezed juices. Royal excludes all of these.:(

And then the kicker.... The Royal package is a dollar MORE per day!:mad:

I'm sure they have their reasons for structuring it this way. But it seems like it's going to really push people to overindulge, because they aren't able to gain value from non-alcoholic options. Really disappointing...

I really cannot understand you hangup on list prices when taking a drinks package. The choice is yours. I have just invested £3,507 ($5,330) on PDP for the adult members of my family on our coming summer Mediterranean cruise. One thing I know is that we will enjoy what is on offer, the freedom that comes with a package of this kind while, I am sure RCCL will be happy with our decision. Truly a win win.

Archived