Dover- LHR tour company

A few months ago when I went to the London Tool Kit website for information about transfers from Dover ( http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/dover_to_london_bus.html )

there was mention of the National Express bus, the train, and private cars. Now there is a tour bus that is listed as well that picks up passengers at the cruise terminal and visits Canturbury and Leeds castle before dropping passengers at central London hotels or LHR.

I am hesitant to book a "new" tour company. I'm not sure if they are new, or just new to this port. Thiey seem to be associated with "International Friends". Anyone heard of them? Any thoughts? Since our flight isn't until the next day, having a tour of these two places seems perfect...especially if they'll drop us off at our hotel for the night.

Thanks for any thoughts.

It's a new route, but an established & reputable coach tour company.:)

They added cruise tour-transfers about a year ago, serving Southampton/London & Heathrow hotels. Altho' CC reviews are still thin on the ground they've been very positive.

Dover is a new addition.

If the Southampton service is anything to go by then Dover/London rather than London/Dover will give you better value because the route/sights/finish time are not constrained by early pm registration to board a ship.

Altho the service is door-to-door, I think in central London there's a switch between full-size coach & vans to avoid trawling a dozen or more hotels with one vehicle.

Early days of the Southampton service they did reserve the right to cancel at about 3 weeks notice if the take-up didn't reach viable numbers, so check the small-print. But if it does get cancelled you'll have no problem making other arrangements.

No promises that up-front payment is absolutely 100% safe, but this isn't a fly-by-night operation. And guessing you can make it 100% safe by using a credit card.

For two, it's certainly a good compromise to see a little of England within an easy transfer at reasonable cost.

I'd recommend it - if only to get you to test it out for future CC'ers :D

JB :)

Thanks! That's really helpful. At the moment I have a taxi service to the hotel booked but want to cancel it for this tour. The website says:

"Guaranteed Departures

Please note this is a guaranteed cruise transfer, and will operate on all of the dates listed on the booking page (link below). There are no minimum numbers required for this service to operate."

So I don't think I'll be left high and dry without transportation.

I REALLY appreciate having some background info on the company.

Archived