Allure of the Seas....the good, the bad and the AMAZING

My family and friends will be on the Allure in 44 days!!! Woo Hoo!!! I'm enjoying your review and pictures, please keep it coming! Your parents are so adorable. I'm hoping to get my parents on another cruise real soon, they are in their eighties and look great!:)

I would love to know where the ice bar is. We are on Allure for a B2B October. I know it's going to be really hot that time of year and a nice ice bar might be fun for a quick chill.

-DK

The Ice Bar is right downtown on the waterfront (Magic Ice). The normal taxi's to downtown stopped about 2 blocks from the location. Map below and website link. I would try to plan it around cruise ship excursions. We arrived about 10 minutes after a cruise ship excursion left (according to the guy that check you in and gets you suited up) so there were only a few other people in the bar. It might seem pretty packed if there was an excursion of people in there.

http://www.magicice.vi/

p_map_vi.jpg

Really enjoying your review - your pictures are so beautiful!

We are going to St. Thomas and St. Martin in April and I have two questions for you:

1) How much was the ice bar?

2) What beach bar were you at in St. Martin. It looked very nice. How were the bathrooms?

Oops, three questions:D

Really enjoying your review - your pictures are so beautiful!

We are going to St. Thomas and St. Martin in April and I have two questions for you:

1) How much was the ice bar?

2) What beach bar were you at in St. Martin. It looked very nice. How were the bathrooms?

Oops, three questions:D

Thank you...I really enjoy photography

1. In Sept 2012 we paid $45 for two people. I think it was $20pp plus tax.

2. Beach Bar was on Orient Beach....the bathrooms were indoors :D. They weren't too bad. If I remember correctly the womens bathroom had 2 stalls.

I can't get over the amount of perks you got for an inside stateroom. I should have considered a TA for my Allure b2b. Congratulations on that grab.

Great review.

Kathy

I was THRILLED when I found the package....the perks were the same no matter what type of cabin you booked. I haven't even mentioned everything yet :eek:

The full package was:

Shipboard Credit: $120

SAVOR: The Royal Caribbean Hardcover Cookbook (one per stateroom)

Bottle of wine (one per stateroom)

Private reception with complimentary cocktails and soft drinks (per person). We missed this event due to getting our perk coupons late

Lunch or dinner at Johnny Rockets® (includes cover charge for up to four guests)

Dinner at Giovanni’s Table Italian restaurant (includes cover charge for up to four guests)

Cupcake decorating class (per person)

Two cups of ice cream churned onboard at the ice cream parlor (per stateroom)

Cruise

Apparently we had a free night and did dinner but no shows. There is so much to do on this ship that me missed some of the usual event we attend. We did not go to the C&A party, the Quest or the Love and Marriage Game Show. Should have done a B2B!

This pic shows you more about the size of this ship…this guy looks so small!

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0119-M.jpg

The cruise is almost over….can this possibly be happening. Tomorrow is a sea day.

We originally had 2 sea days scheduled on the way home from St Maarten but woke up this morning to find out the RC worked with Nassau and they are letting us have a port day! So now we have one sea day today (Day 6) and a short Nassau port day on Day 7.

“How to Train Your Dragon Ice Show”. This show is geared towards kids and was a little cheesy but the costumes and skating were great.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0124-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0143-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0153-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0159-M.jpg

Edited by kristinp36

This was a busy busy day for shows due to the change in our itenerary

Up next..... Madagascar Aqua Show. Another show geared at kids but I am a kid at heart! This show was a little bit of other shows thrown together in a shorter format and with costumes.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010649-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010654-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010657-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010665-M.jpg

Mom dancing along....

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010673-L.jpg

And ANOTHER show this day....Blue Planet. Again another great production. RC really out did themselves with the entertainment on this ship.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0264-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0274-M.jpg

The tree....if you look close you can see the cast among the tree/branches.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0285-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0290-L.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0298-L.jpg

Good morning and welcome to our unexpected rescheduled stop in Nassau. We were not docking in Nassau until noon so we decided to use our last perk coupon for lunch at Giovanni's. We also ate a dinner sometime during the week at Giovanni's during the week but apparently I didn't take any pics so I don't know what night it was. We enjoyed both meals at Giovanni's the food and service was very very good.

We decided to take a water taxi to Atlantis....mom likes a little gambling. We chose a water taxi over a regular taxi so we could enjoy a little boating unfortunately for us that was a mistake. As I mentioned my mom has diminished lung function. The walk from the water taxi drop-off to Atlantis was too much for her. So if you have someone older in your group consider this. My dad did fine but struggled a little because of the heat and especially the humidity. A regular taxi would have been a better option for our group! Hubs and I did enjoy the boat ride.

Here are some shots of the Allure that show her size. Her front end sits further into the docking area then other ships and her rear hangs out further as well. She is docked front in while the other ships are docked rear in.

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas-1010686-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0314-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0318-M.jpg

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0327-M.jpg

Lots of ships in port

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas--0336-M.jpg