Just off the broken Dream the good and the bad

floridagal062

I'm confused. Sounds like a bit of stubbornness to me. I understand not flying under normal circumstances, but it just seems odd to 100% refuse in emergency type situations. Is there some kind of medical issues to do with altitude or something?

I can tell you have been blessed not to have lived with or known someone who suffers from panic attacks. It took me a while to fully understand what my wife was going thru but when I did it made me realize that there are some things people cannot control. One doctor told me that it is a chemical imbalance in the brain and that sometimes meds can control it and then again sometimes they can't. I have read where someone who suffers from panic attacks can have a real heart attack when they try of overcome their panic by doing what they were afraid of. It is not always about flying either. Some people will never be able to cruise because of their fear of water.

Agree with ncshp955, anxiety is a medical issue. It is the most common mental health condition. Approximately 18% of U.S. adults have an anxiety disorder in a given year. Medication and cognitive behavorial therapy can help, as can relaxation training, exercise, and meditation. But many people don't seek treatment because of the stigma, or they think it is something they should be able to deal with on their own.

There were many aspects that made it wonderful. How many times do you get 5 full days in an island. We were given free water taxi rides to the beach everyday and did not have to be back on the ship until 6am each day. We had a balcony room that overlooked the most beatiful part of the island to wake up to each morning. I had my 4 children they significant others and 3 grandchildren on the cruise with me. Also my fav cousins and their families. Other than one really bad 24 hours it was wonderful.

My group also had a 24 hour nightmare that lasted for days we were to be next on, and our cruise was cancelled, I would've loved 4 days at a port AND CRUISE! we got squat

My group also had a 24 hour nightmare that lasted for days we were to be next on, and our cruise was cancelled, I would've loved 4 days at a port AND CRUISE! we got squat

I would be upset too. Carnival really screwed those that had cancelled cruises. It was all a publicity stunt to offer people on the disabled Dream much much more than those who had their cruise cancelled 2 days before sailing.

Archived