Where is QM2?

turquoise 6

Ricki

Have a nice day. Do you know where the QM2 is?:)

T

She left Soton about an hour ago and is on her way to Hamburg to celebrate the Harbor Anniversary, a great event with ships' parades from everywhere, including the Gorch Fock :D

She left Soton about an hour ago and is on her way to Hamburg to celebrate the Harbor Anniversary, a great event with ships' parades from everywhere, including the Gorch Fock :D

AHH NICE!!!! thank you... That was a fast Transatlantic. And the Grand Fock?:D

AHH NICE!!!! thank you... That was a fast Transatlantic. And the Grand Fock?:D

I am sure you know, but for those who are interested: The Gorch Fock is the German Marine's training ship whose sails amount to about 2.000 m2 ... :p

I am sure you know, but for those who are interested: The Gorch Fock is the German Marine's training ship whose sails amount to about 2.000 m2 ... :p

And a sister ship of the former Horst Wessel - now known as the US Coast Guard Cutter Eagle.

The ship I was talking about is the Gorch Fock II :p

Right, I love to see flotilla sail along the QM2. When I arrived in Rotterdam,on the QM2

we were greeted with Dutch fireboats spraying Blue,Orange ,natural sea colors!

there were flags of orange flying ,from the buildings and the boats sailing along with us into the harbor. Very Nice:)

Right, I love to see flotilla sail along the QM2. When I arrived in Rotterdam,on the QM2

we were greeted with Dutch fireboats spraying Blue,Orange ,natural sea colors!

there were flags of orange flying ,from the buildings and the boats sailing along with us into the harbor. Very Nice:)

:) ... their national colours. It's so wonderful to arrive in a harbour and be greeted that way, and QM2 deserves it!

I am slightly confused by your post but having said that I am always in a state of confusion. The Queen Mary 2 per year does more trans Atlantic trips than her predecessor IF, if we pretend her predecessor was the QE2. The Queen Mary might not be as fast as the QE2 but on just about everything else ism she a better ship? She is without any shadow of a doubt a better sea going vessel, a more stable vessel and might I suggest she is more luixurious?

The only better looking ships in my opinion are those belonging to my fleet but sadly trips on those two vessels are by invitation only :eek::p

Qm2 & QE & QE2. Are stable ships.

The QM2 is in Liverpool

:) ... their national colours. It's so wonderful to arrive in a harbour and be greeted that way, and QM2 deserves it!

Yes it is very exciting to be on board and have that welcome. Rotterdam is a beautiful port

I was disappointed in the port of Le Harve. There wasn't any boat reception in the harbour . The Pier looked decrepit, depressing. Nothing like the way it was when we would arrive on the France.:(

Edited by turquoise 6

Yes, she did her last crossing of the North Atlantic in December 2012 and was on a world voyage from January to April 2013.

Actually, she is on her way from Soton to New York (a trans-atlantic, which is the correct spelling, by the way).

In 2013, there will be 9 westbounds and 8 eastbounds, or shuttle services

of the North Atlantic, provided my info is correct. Cruises in between transatlantic sailings,

I hope you will be able to agree! :p

But there are NO Roundtrip

Transatlantic sailings from New York /Brooklyn. . :p

But there are NO Roundtrip

Transatlantic sailings from New York /Brooklyn. . :p

Right :(, but there are other ships crossing the North Atlantic, although none of them does it better than QM2 :cool:.

Anyway, Easter is over! :p

Right :(, but there are other ships crossing the North Atlantic, although none of them does it better than QM2 :cool:.

Anyway, Easter is over! :p

Hi Cats, I love the roundtrip QM2 sailings from NY. There were so many RT

in previous years. I do a few transatlantic crossing every year on the QM2.

True ,QM2 does it better.:p

by the way, Where is the QM2?

Hi Cats, I love the roundtrip QM2 sailings from NY. There were so many RT

in previous years. I do a few transatlantic crossing every year on the QM2.

True ,QM2 does it better.:p

by the way, Where is the QM2?

Hi turquoise,

My beautiful QM2 is in Stavanger/Norway today, meeting with Queen Elizabeth (the ship :D). Tonight she will be leaving for Hamburg, the end of this cruise is Soton.

Cheers

Apparently QM2 has azipod problems and will be late into Hamburg

We are waiting to rejoin QM2 in Hamburg. We just received a email from friends aboard, that they will not depart Stavanger till tomorrow morning...arriving Hamburg Thursday at 1400. Announcement to passengers blamed the delay on weather....?!? :confused:

No email from Cunard or TA yet...

We are waiting to rejoin QM2 in Hamburg. We just received a email from friends aboard, that they will not depart Stavanger till tomorrow morning...arriving Hamburg Thursday at 1400. Announcement to passengers blamed the delay on weather....?!? :confused:

No email from Cunard or TA yet...

Technical fault with azipod and weather so 50/50 you could say.:D

I've heard from friends on board that predicted weather conditions (force 8) has caused the delay. No mention, that they've heard, of pod problems. But they are now keeping their ears open in case that news is reported.

Edited by pepperrn

I've heard from friends on board that predicted weather conditions (force 8) has caused the delay. No mention, that they've heard, of pod problems. But they are now keeping their ears open in case that news is reported.

Also from a passenger on board QM2 (from another CD forum)

Hi from Stavanger,

Well what a day and what a cruise, arrived just a head of Queen Elizabeth into Stavanger this morning and a pleasant day ashore, then back on-board to enjoy facilities plus the sailaway....almost!

QE sailed out...we get to stay the night and explore the night! The weather enroute to Hamburg is expected to be rough plus we have a technical fault on an azipod to resolve. Also arrival into Hamburg will be late so we alos get to enjoy a late another late night on the town...! Will get to take my aged uncles to see some ladies of the night though! due back in Southampton though on Saturday as scheduled.....for us, although not going down too well with some of the German clientele....for those late getting offf\on....! Chart room beckons so we are off to ENJOY!

end quote

Its a shame really because stranded in Stavanger is the most expensive place in the world,QM2 should sail around 6am Wednesday and will arrive into Hamburg late Thursday and not leave until 1am. Missing that magical journey along the Elbe in daylight will be disappointing for many. Hopefully QM2 should arrive on time in Southampton.

Edited by Pennbank