Legend of the Seas Borneo Cruise March 2013 Picture Review

Sail-away. View from our balcony. You can see the Marina Bay Sands and the Singapore Flyer.

zlaqux.jpg

Hi,

Just a quick question. On the deck plans on the RCCL website it says that there is a sports area on deck 9 riight above theAFT JS cabins on deck 8. Being very nervous about that, I have avoided th AFT JS on the legend.

Is it true? If so, how about the noise?

PS...love your pictures!!!!

What a pleasure to find this today! I really enjoy your reviews because they are to more "exotic" locales than the typical Caribbean/Meditteranean itineraries. And it's just interesting to read the experiences of somebody from a different corner of the earth. Can't wait for the rest of the review!

Thank you again, if you have a chance to take any more JS photos of a cabin and closet etc. that would be great.

I don't think they have the same walk in closet, as on other ships Junior Suites?

There sure is not much to find on the Legend.:confused: Now everyone can come here to see her.:D

Thanks!!!!:)

Great review! Can't wait to see more! I board her on April 5th.

Are there kettles in all rooms or only in junior suites?

Was the MDR open for lunch on boarding day? I don't think I've ever seen that.

Sounds like the MDR and WJ are crowded at noon:eek:.......we are not used to a smaller ship, so will be interesting.

Also, if you get a chance to take any photos of the Concierge Lounge or Diamond Lounge that would be great.....

You are popular!! But, please enjoy your cruise and not feel you must cater to all of our requests and Do have fun!!

Big Thanks!!!!

Edited by CVU

actually, Monarch and Majesty, of the Sovereign class are RCI's smallest ships, that's why they've both been transferred to Pullmantur. Legend is a member of the Vision class. Sailed on her in 2007 and she looks great after her Royal Advantage make over.

actually, Monarch and Majesty, of the Sovereign class are RCI's smallest ships, that's why they've both been transferred to Pullmantur. Legend is a member of the Vision class. Sailed on her in 2007 and she looks great after her Royal Advantage make over.

That is incorrect. The Vision class ships aren't all the same size.

Legend - 867 feet. 70,000 tons

Majesty - 880 feet. 73941 tons

Edited by cruisingator2

That is incorrect. The Vision class ships aren't all the same size.

Legend - 867 feet. 70,000 tons

Majesty - 880 feet. 73941 tons

The Legend is officially the smallest ship in Royal Carribean's current fleet. I recall her GRoss tonnage was a shade under 70,000.

We sailed on the Legend in 2011. She looks much better now, after the month long dry dock in Singapore.

Many of the crew we met onboard were on the ship throughout the entire dry dock. Work was done at a frenetic pace and all the crew had to assist and/or undergo crew training.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

You are in very high demand.Don't it feel great.My question if you would,how did they put the Diamond Lounge so that it doesn't block the flow from pool to Solarium.Thank you for your super review.

Diamond Club and Concierge Lounge were both located on Deck 9 midship very near the elevators. The flow wasn't blocked at all. The lounges are on a hump. The views from Diamond lounge were great. More pics to follow.

Welcome to Singapore!

Yes, I think there were kettles in all rooms. But only JS and above get coffee machines.

Yes, MDR was opened for lunch on embarkation day. This was the first time we have seen this too.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Hi,

Just a quick question. On the deck plans on the RCCL website it says that there is a sports area on deck 9 riight above theAFT JS cabins on deck 8. Being very nervous about that, I have avoided th AFT JS on the legend.

Is it true? If so, how about the noise?

PS...love your pictures!!!!

Noise was a non issue. Cabin was very quiet.

However, soot was an issue. This was the first time we had such a bad soot issue. The balcony was still usable but you have to clean the loungers or ask your stateroom attendant to clean them.

Noise was a non issue. Cabin was very quiet.

However, soot was an issue. This was the first time we had such a bad soot issue. The balcony was still usable but you have to clean the loungers or ask your stateroom attendant to clean them.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. We are on the Legend in December and again for a transatlantic in April!

Thank you again, if you have a chance to take any more JS photos of a cabin and closet etc. that would be great.

I don't think they have the same walk in closet, as on other ships Junior Suites?

There sure is not much to find on the Legend.:confused: Now everyone can come here to see her.:D

Thanks!!!!:)

Yes, the JS is rather small, compared to say the Voyager. Also, the closet is no longer the walk-in closet found in the Voyager class. This picture would give you some idea.

qzkcy9.jpg

This was the ‘secret staircase’. From Deck 8, near the aft cabins, there was this staircase that led directly to the Spa and Fitness centre, and very near the Solarium and the brand new Park Café! Very convenient for us.

29vla1y.jpg

15nq4qt.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

One of the best additions to the Legend must be the Park Café, located at the back of the Solarium just outside the Spa and Vitality centre. It is usually open for breakfast from 7am onwards. It also serves afternoon snacks from noon till late afternoon. It opens again at 9pm till 12:30am.

5zmnbk.jpg