Anyone recently been on The Winifred?

Starz723

Hi there..
I booked the Winifred for July 22. Im interested to know what places you went to snorkel..Waterlemon key by any chance.

I am curious as Im an avid snorkeler. I think alot has to do with how the wind is that day, and that kinda determines the destinations.

Anyone??? any reports?
Thanks so much.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
MY VERY FIRST CRUISE EVER!!
On The Legend! E. Carribean
I cant Wait!

Marge
Starz723

• 2 weeks later...
I was just on the Winifred June 16th. I believed we anchored by Scott beach off of St. John. The snorkeling was pretty good. We saw barracuda, turtle, stingray, starafish, conch, etc. Kids loved it. If you couldn't swim to bottom, the first mate, Turtle Tommy, would go down and bring the creatures up so you could hold/touch. A great day.

We saved this daysail for our last cruise day. What a treat! We anchored off the Rockefeller Resort beach and there wasn't a soul on it. It was perfect for our group which included three couples. Turtle Tommy knows right where every living creature can be located underwater and throws together one mean rum punch. However, if you picture yourself as a super-snorkeller, I would email Sharon ahead of time, stating what your preferences for the day might be. We found them to be most agreeable. A perfect ending to our cruise.

My wife and I have cruised several times, some with the kids and some without. This particular cruise we were without the kids and went on the Winifred. I can say without a doubt this was our best excurision ever. You are definitely pampered. To me the sailing was just as much fun as the snorkeling. Everything about that daysail was perfect.

I would encourage anyone who can to take this trip.

• 2 weeks later...
We were two families, two couples and two teenage boys (13 and 15). This was one of the highlights of the trip. The day began with Sharon motoring out in the dingy to pick up our group at the pier. We had taken a taxi and it was worth it. I think that it was about $8 or $9 per person but was extremely efficient. We arranged with our driver to pick us up at the pier at 3:30. He was right on time and we did not have to worry about getting a ride back. He also made everyone happy by letting us take time to stop at Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream!!! The kids suggested it but none of the adults complained! Tommy is the first mate and he is terrific. We had a mix of experienced and inexperienced snorkellers. He accomodated everyone. I agree with the person who posted that you should email Sharon and explain exactly what you are looking for before you go. She is totally willing to accomodate you and will work with Tommy to find the best place to dock the boat. Lunch was prepared by Tommy on the boat. It was a nice lunch of chicken, rice, salad and bread. A few in the group were a bit hungry because the portions were not large, but most of us were fine. Teenage boys are not easily filled up! If you have hearty appetites I would plan to take a few snacks with you. Sharon has t-shirts that she supplies for everyone to avoid sunburn while in the water. It was terrific since we would have gotten extremely burnt. My DH got terribly burned because he did not apply the sunscreen properly. He was in a rush and missed some spots. We found them later on...... UGH! We saw a school of fish, lots of Angel fish, an eel, a conch shell with a hermit crab, some stingray, and lots of turtles. It was so relaxing that we had three people fast asleep during the sail back to the dock. Highly recommend it. I am jealous that you get to go!

Hi! We just sailed the Winifred on July 14....absolutely the best day of our cruise. We are a family of 4 and we were joined by 2 others - a grandmother/granddaughter team. We sailed to the beach by Rockefeller resort and Tommy, first mate, did a guided snorkel with us. We saw/held a lot of various creatures....stayed out almost 2 hrs. Sharon has thought of every comfort....gear/"winnie wings"/great food/drink. We will be doing this excursion again, as long as Sharon is sailing Winifred. Highly recommended.

gomets,

When you say the taxi was $8 or $9 per person, how many people were in the taxi? There would only be two of us, so I'm thinking it would be much more per person. Or were there so many people going to the pier that you shared a taxi with another group?

Also, I'm sailing Celebrity out of San Juan. It seems like San Juan, St. Thomas, and Antigua are all in the same time zone as the Eastern US. So, we don't have to worry about ship's time vs. local time in these ports, correct?

Archived