Tales from the "Cheap Seats"

jtwanabe

I have a 1a interior cabin with upper & lower beds and two portholes on the Riviera deck.

I booked the same room number as last year cause I really liked it. Nice and quiet and really

easy to find. Just go as far down as the stairs or elevator will take you and and then forward until

you hit the end of the hall. Getting off is a breeze cause you are already at the lowest level.

I don't spring for a balcony cause the whole lido deck is my balcony.

Anyway I just need someone to tell me what I already suspect. There will be no price drops

on a 1A room right. (though I did get this room $50 cheaper last year)

JT

We have done both inside and ocean view but this time we thought we would try porthole I had my mind made up when I called to book but my PVP done his best to convince me not to book one almost to the point of being pushy until this point we had always booked mid ship on the empress deck . The last cruise we were on he booked us in a adjoining room with some who was not in our group we will never ever let that happen again. I guess my thoughts are if we were happy with a inside state room price and we can get natural light for the same price its a win win situation. I know my PVP pushed the noise as why we wouldn't like it but it couldn't be worse then the noise from the adjoining cabin of our last cruis:eek: HAPPY CRUISING :)

We're booked in our 1st 1A on the Conquest in 2 weeks thanks to all the great information Fire has posted over the years. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is being down on deck 2 and being on the starboard side of the ship.

We usually book an IS on deck 6 midship. But I am looking forward to the portholes.

My favorite 1A is 2334/2335 on Destiny/Sunshine. It has TWO picture windows! I was in 2335 on Destiny with my sister and now I am booked in 2335 on Sunshine and taking my sister's daughter on her first cruise!

Last year we had one price drop on our 1A With portholes. This year we booked a 1A again with portholes. 2216 Glory. So it does happen.

We're booked in the same cabin for June! We'll keep it neat for you. Haven't done a 1A yet (have done almost every other category) but looks like a nice little cabin.

@ jtwanabe: I noticed for 2 of the recent sales, the 1A wasn't included. But for the last big sale, I submitted the form for our 1A for what I thought was a $14 price drop and ended up with a $180 OBC! :eek::D You never know...!

We're booked in the same cabin for June! We'll keep it neat for you. Haven't done a 1A yet (have done almost every other category) but looks like a nice little cabin.

@ jtwanabe: I noticed for 2 of the recent sales, the 1A wasn't included. But for the last big sale, I submitted the form for our 1A for what I thought was a $14 price drop and ended up with a $180 OBC! :eek::D You never know...!

Thanks! Haha. Last year we had 2212 , but this year we booked 2216 because I think I remember hearing 2216 is a little bit bigger? Either way we are excited.

People here are saying they have had price drops for their 1A bookings. :)

the reason I have not gotten price drops for my 1As has been because they are so popular they sold out. I had to move to a IS to get my price drop one time.. and got assigned a regular inside on Lido deck which wasnt bad, but Id have preferred my 1A with port holes.

We had a 1a on the Magic in Feb., and got several price drops. We got enough OBC for our price drops that we didn't use it all. Walked off the ship with over $52 cash from unused OBC. We booked early saver. It was our first time for upper/lower w/portholes, and that's what I'll book from now on if available. Some ships don't have them. Comfy and a great value.

You make it sound like a 1A is irregular:p Isn't a 1A a regular interior?

?? to me they are almost all different and different sizes. On conquest class there are 3, deck 6, 7 and 8 that have two beds on the floor and wider than a regular inside.

some have port holes. some are upper and lower, and so many different sizes.

triumph still has two with full two windows that are upper and lower that are nice if you are solo.

we made a whole thread about 1As because what carnival says in their descirption about them is mostly wrong.

?? to me they are almost all different and different sizes. On conquest class there are 3, deck 6, 7 and 8 that have two beds on the floor and wider than a regular inside.

some have port holes. some are upper and lower, and so many different sizes.

triumph still has two with full two windows that are upper and lower that are nice if you are solo.

we made a whole thread about 1As because what carnival says in their descirption about them is mostly wrong.

Thanks for the education. In fifteen cruises I never stayed in an interior cabin and will have my first Ocean View this April on the Elation. I didn't realize that there was that much of a difference.

And sorry I missed the thread about the 1As. I will look it up.

Thanks for the education. In fifteen cruises I never stayed in an interior cabin and will have my first Ocean View this April on the Elation. I didn't realize that there was that much of a difference.

And sorry I missed the thread about the 1As. I will look it up.

Its a older thread and does not include dream class, but we started it so people could actually know what to expect.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087&highlight=6393

Archived