Wine Package and CVS wine?

popeye0429

This does answer my questions! Thanks for the help. I am assuming we would go to the pursers desk to order the package or is there another place where we go? Sorry, I don't mean to play 50 questions. :o

There will be a display in the main lobby of wines available in the package. You can purchase them right there.

DH & I thought we would pick up wine at a local store for our Dream cruise 2 years ago. So we stopped at Walgreens across from Ron Jon Surf Shop when we were looking around there before the cruise. Our favorite, typical wine(s) were not available there so we just randomly picked some wine. Let me tell you it was the most horrid stuff imaginable. I think it was Barefoot Moscato or something like that.

We learned our lesson that year. So last year we used my phone GPS and found a liquor store and bought some good stuff! It was located around the corner from our rental car drop off location.

I know this won't help the OP who is cruising out of a different port. I just wanted to warn about buying wine at CVS (or Walgreens, etc.). There might be some decent wines there, but you might want to research it first.

Maggie

;) Thanks for the "heads-up" Maggie'man ...

My sister (willow0325) loves the research part of the pre-cruise so we'll do some scouting about. We're hoping our cab driver between B2B's can lead us to a close wine store with a good selection.

We're upstate New Yorker's .. so we're kinda partial to our Finger Lakes varieties, tho Cook's from California is a favorite we're hoping to find.

Walgreen's lists a few of their selections online ... CVS does not.

As always .. Thanks for the input everybody ! YIPPEE-31 days to go !:cool:

Archived