Anytime Dining concern on Dream

Davey-D-99

]The priority assignments is for being assigned your requested dining arrangement :p' date=' [u']not skipping to the head of the line onboard[/u].[/b]

That being said last cruise we were seated right away when others were getting buzzers. It helps when there are 4 platinums sitting together.

Never said anything about skipping to the head of the line :rolleyes:.

Four Platinums one Platinum , it really doesn't matter with the new rule change your priority not guaranteed as in the past.

I was on the Dream back in November, and the first formal night there was a line and a little wait, BUT we chose to go at the 7:00 pm time frame, and everyone know that's the busiest time for any good restaurant on or off land. We went to the DR at 5:45 for the remainder of the cruise and had no issue getting seated right away. One more thing I can add, everyone has different tolerances for wait times. The only thing you can do is give it a try and if you don't like it, don't do it again.

I would imagine if you found it was not working for you, you could ask the Matre'd if you can switch. There are plenty of people who never eat in the DR the whole cruise. Try not to believe everything you read or hear, if I did, I would never go on another cruise, and as you can see I love cruising! I hope you and your family love every minute of it, careful you may get hooked like so many others have:D

My DH and I were also on the Dream in Nov. and had anytime dining. We always went to the dining room BEFORE 7 pm, usually around 5;30 - 5:45 pm and had no wait time (or within a min or two). The Dream is now our favorite Carnival ship. You should have a wonderful time.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back:D It was a fantastic week!! Never waited at all for ATD...

Always got to the Crimson room between 6:15-6:45 no problems. Wine service was a little slow but everything else was perfect...especially the food!!

Fantastic menu all week...Loved it!!

Just got back:D It was a fantastic week!! Never waited at all for ATD...

Always got to the Crimson room between 6:15-6:45 no problems. Wine service was a little slow but everything else was perfect...especially the food!!

Fantastic menu all week...Loved it!!

Great news! We will be giving it a try in a couple months, glad to hear you didn't have any problems.

In my opinion...

ATD comes with the understanding that you may have to wait.

As a trade off you can go to dinner any time you please :D

If you expect to be seated right away then do NOT choose ATD, go with the pre set times and you will not have to wait.

Carnival is not going to leave a fleet of empty tables waiting for your royalness to arrive.

People who book ATD and complain about the wait drive me crazy....probably they are exhausted from being a CHOG and complaining at guest services all day....lol...sorry, I couldn't help myself.

You go to Applebees at 7pm and you have to wait....big suprise the same happens at the dining room on the boat.

If we were to cruise with our 4 yr old daughter, I would not book ATD becuase of the potential wait.

When my beautiful wife and I cruise alone this fall we have ATD booked...becuase having to wait 30 min and go have a drink at the bar sounds like a GREAT way to start out night!

I would concur. We were on the same cruise and only waited once for ATD and only for about 10 min. We went and got our picture taken. We showed up at various times between 6:30 and 7:45 and needed a table of 5. Our one wait was due to us being a party of 5 not 4, so no big deal. All the other times, the only wait was to get to the matre d as she was seating people. We loved it and would do it again.

I would concur. We were on the same cruise and only waited once for ATD and only for about 10 min. We went and got our picture taken. We showed up at various times between 6:30 and 7:45 and needed a table of 5. Our one wait was due to us being a party of 5 not 4, so no big deal. All the other times, the only wait was to get to the matre d as she was seating people. We loved it and would do it again.

The one Matre D in the Crimson was incredibly helpful for us... I believe her name was Rempuyani. My wife and son have a nut allergy and she always came with the next days dinner menu, just before desert was served, and took their orders so as to be nut safe. I liked getting a sneak peek at the menu a day early.:)

Archived