Snorkel Equipment Rentals

Mikey86

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I may be wrong, but we've been to Megans Bay many times and I don't recall ever seeing anyone snorkeling there. It's a great beach for swimming though. We are going to Coki beach in January and plan to rent our snorkeling equipment on the ship. I'm thinking maybe the ships sanitizing/disinfecting process may be a little more "intense" than just renting at a beach hut. Have fun!

Wow! I'm learning so much on this forum! Had no idea you could rent snorkeling stuff on board the ship. That will certainly save some space in the suitcases! Does anyone have a suggestion for a must-do snorkel location on the San Juan/St Thomas/St.Kitts/Grenada/Isla Margarita/Aruba cruise on the Golden?

Magens Bay rents snorkel equip., but as mentioned because of its very soft sandy bottom there isn't much snorkeling although some people do head to the rocky coast line on both sides of the bay to do a little fish watching. Coki also has snorkel equip rental and better snorkeling.

--Islander

carnival snorkel tours will hand you equipment that smells of fish bait, and not clean, i experienced that in belize.

you can rent a snorkel set from the ship and use it the entire cruise, can't remember the cost, but it looked clean when cruise director held it up. either way, neither are of high quality, but functional.

i bought a nice set on ebay for 50 bucks. no more renting for me!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived