Ending Cruise in Vancouver on Victoria Day

Calling Vancouver experts! We will be disembarking on May 20, 2013, which is Victoria Day. We plan to check our bags at Pacific Central Station and then spend the day in the City before leaving on the Amtrak Cascades that evening.

So that we can somewhat plan our day, what can we expect to find closed or on holiday schedule?

:D I just spent some time on the Web finding the answers to my question (which I should have done first).

It looks like most forms of transportation will be running, although on a somewhat limited basis (looked up the SkyTrain and Canada Line, Sea Bus). We might use the Canada Line to go to the Olympic Village stop, then walk to the mini-ferry stop at Stamps Landing (the mini-ferry schedule for Victoria Day isn't on the Web yet) and then a little "cruise" through False Creek to Granville Island (which will be open) for lunch at the Market. That should take up a few hours.

So that we can somewhat plan our day, what can we expect to find closed or on holiday schedule?

On a stat holiday, things run pretty much the same as they do on Sundays. Stores will open at either 10am or 11am depending.

Adele - As discussed I have made pre-cruise dinner reservations for the three of us at Cardero's. for 6 PM - let me know if that is okay for you.

Still getting back in the groove after that long cruise and thanks for the wonderful day in San Francisco.

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis, thanks for making the reservation for us. Six is fine.

You are most welcome for the fun day. We were just talking about how that hike on Angel Island made us feel our age! :eek: We have to get out more often. Thank you for dinner! My leftover lasagna was just as good the next day.

See you soon in my favorite city, Vancouver.

Archived