Anyone use FTTF in Port Canaveral?

hank in ohio

Looking for insight into FTTF procedures in Port Canaveral. Never been to this port before, only 2nd time on Carnival, 1st time with FTTF.

We will be driving, staying the night before at LaQuinta, probably parking at the port. Looking for any info on getting from the parking garage to our room with FTTF.

Our first platinum cruise with princess we had no idea what to do, stood in same line as we usually would, instead of platinum line, didn't take advantage of embarkation or debarkation lounges. Want to take full advantage of our purchase on this cruise.

We are Platinum cruisers but I can tell you what we witnessed in January - Platinum cruisers will wait inside of the VIP lounge, the FTTF folks were sitting just outside along the wall.

After the weddings boarded (they always board first) the Platinum cruisers were boarded and then the FTTF - there was only about 15 minutes difference.

This procedure of course was for the folks who were at the port prior to the ships clearance. After that I was told that people just got on the ship once they received their boarding passes from the Carnival folks

Hope that helped

May I ask what ship you were on and day of week. Do either of these have any impact on the procedures? And am I correct that FTTF fun sits to wait with those that don't have it? Don't want to be somewhere we shouldn't be.

We were on the Dream in January, also sailing out of PC in April on the Ecstasy

FTTF was separate from the main group of folks, a line of chairs along the wall and they gathered everyone with FTTF once they were ready to board. From what I could tell it was nicely organized

It must depend on what time you arrive. We usually get there between 12 and 12:30 and don't encounter any lines for the VIP section. At that time we usually get right on the ship, no waiting, no sitting.

There is a VIP entrance on the right side of the terminal. When you go in that entrance there is a separate security set up for VIP's. There's usually a long line for the entrance on the left so don't stand there. I assume VFFT use the VIP entrance also. Security is at the door and they'll let you know if are at the wrong entrance. If you try the right door and have to go left you won't miss much, but, if you get in the left line when you could have gotten in the right line, it will set you back some.

After you go upstairs the VIP section is off to the left.

I am sure they get busy at times (maybe earlier?) because they have several terminals at a counter but, we usually end up inside the room where there are two desks and two clerks.

Never had to wait for either the Sensation or the Dream.

Good luck.

We will be on the Dream in May. So after we check in we look for seats along the outside wall of VIP lounge ? Do you remember what time boarding started?

I am sailing out of PC on 4-4 on ecstasy and I have purchased FTTF. I will be back on the 8th. Look for my posting regarding the process when I return. I will call it FTTF from Port Canaveral !!

Hey Hank! I sailed on the Ecstacy at the end of November, We arrived at the port at 11am and was lido by 11:15! absolutely no Lines whatsoever! I dunno about paying for the faster to the fun for the smaller ships! Maybe for the larger ships! But even still I have never waited more than 45 minutes from the time I have gotten in line to being on the ship!

We will be on the Dream in May. So after we check in we look for seats along the outside wall of VIP lounge ? Do you remember what time boarding started?

We were on the ship with a beverage by 11:00

Port Canaveral is by far the best embarkation port we have use thus far...

In Dec. we arrived around 10AM, dropped off our bags with porters, headed around into garage to park and about 10:20 were entering the security checkpoint.

Went into the VIP lounge and checked in. (done around 10:30)

Sat for maybe two minutes, then they started taking the two wedding parties upstairs.

The about 5 minutes later, took Diamond and platinum up.

Once we got upstairs, they had the wedding off to the right together.

Started lining Diamond and Platinumup in seats next to entrance.

Sat there until about 5-10 minutes till 11....

While we were there, they started bringing up the FTTF people and seated them in the rows of seats behind us, leaving a half a row or so, for any late arriving Diamond/Platinums.

They took the wedding in, then Diamond and Platinums up, then FTTF after us.

I'd imagine all Diamond/Platinum and FTTF should have been on by 11:10-11:15 at the latest.

We arrived at our Cove Cabin right at 11AM.

4 of our 6 bags were already sitting next to our door.

The other 2 bags arrived before noon.

You will definitely love how smooth Port Canaveral runs things.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

We did come for the first early because of FTTF. Got to PC around 11am and was in our rooms probably about 11:20am. We are Platinum. When we got to the port there was only one other couple there. This was for Sensation. Looking forward to boarding early for our Dream cruise.

Getting off was really great! I think we were one of the first people off the ship.

We were FTTF on our Dream cruise 3-2-13. We got to the port around 10:30, were in the VIP waiting area by 10:45 (FTTF go through the VIP line that Platinum/Diamond guests uses). Probably would have been there sooner, but security had to shake our waters and check our 12 pack of soda to make sure it was legit. They loaded a wedding party about 10:55. By 11:10 we were standing in our room. We then went to eat lunch and tour the ship a little. Went back to the room about 1 and all of our luggage was sitting inside our room. We were unpacked, had our first drink with Cheers program and were sitting at the bar at the rear of the ship by 1:45.

Looking for insight into FTTF procedures in Port Canaveral. Never been to this port before, only 2nd time on Carnival, 1st time with FTTF.

We will be driving, staying the night before at LaQuinta, probably parking at the port. Looking for any info on getting from the parking garage to our room with FTTF.

Our first platinum cruise with princess we had no idea what to do, stood in same line as we usually would, instead of platinum line, didn't take advantage of embarkation or debarkation lounges. Want to take full advantage of our purchase on this cruise.

If you are platinum you don’t need to purchase FTTF it would be a waste of your money.

If this is your second cruise how were you platinum on your first?

The new terminal at Port Canaveral is very nice. They have the routine down and move the passengers through quickly to the ship once boarding starts. They send passengers upstairs to wait if they are platinum or above. Also those who have the lowest zone numbers.

If you are platinum you don’t need to purchase FTTF it would be a waste of your money.

If this is your second cruise how were you platinum on your first?

The new terminal at Port Canaveral is very nice. They have the routine down and move the passengers through quickly to the ship once boarding starts. They send passengers upstairs to wait if they are platinum or above. Also those who have the lowest zone numbers.

The poster said he/she is platinum on Princess Cruise Line.

I have heard Canaveral is really good about embark and debark.

. We bought FTTF so we could drop our carry on bags in the room. Wife insists we have carry on's, and I don't want to lug them around till our room is ready.

. We are platinum with Princess. With Princess our room is always ready when we board. Our first cruise with Carnival was on the Triumph and I don't remember having to wait for the room then. From what I've read here though, they let you board now before the rooms are ready.

. I'm trying to get a feel for directions on where we go. We have never been to PC. before. centurycruiser says VIP entrance is on the right side of the terminal, others on the left. I'm gonna try to use goggle earth or something to get an idea of where that would be.

. Is there a parking garage or just a lot?

Do they call for wedding, then plat. diam., then FTTF over a PA. or how do you know it's your turn?

You guys have already given me a way better picture of what we need to do than I had before THANKS!

If I recall correctly from earlier this month, when you walk up to the front of the terminal, the VIP entrance is on the right. Once through security, you go to the right, towards the check-in counters, however instead of continuing straight, you go to the left for the VIP counters. After you get checked in and get your S&S card, you go in toward the waiting area. There will be several lines going through, but you go to the one on the right and they scan your card and confirm you are who you say you are and that line goes straight to the 'VIP' area which is in between the regular zone area and the embarkation walkway, standing in the area looking out the window at the ship, you are on the left.

When we went, they let the wedding party on, then called out with a microphone for Diamond/Platinum guests to board. We never actually heard them call for FTTF because as the Diamond/Platinum people started to wind down, the FTTF people just started lining up to go in, so we joined around the middle of the group.

I have heard Canaveral is really good about embark and debark.

. We bought FTTF so we could drop our carry on bags in the room. Wife insists we have carry on's, and I don't want to lug them around till our room is ready.

. We are platinum with Princess. With Princess our room is always ready when we board. Our first cruise with Carnival was on the Triumph and I don't remember having to wait for the room then. From what I've read here though, they let you board now before the rooms are ready.

. I'm trying to get a feel for directions on where we go. We have never been to PC. before. centurycruiser says VIP entrance is on the right side of the terminal, others on the left. I'm gonna try to use goggle earth or something to get an idea of where that would be. IT IS CLEARLY MARKED WHEN YOU ARRIVE. wILL BE EASY TO FIND.

. Is there a parking garage or just a lot?

GARAGE RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM TERMINAL ENTRANCE. EASY AS COULD BE.

Do they call for wedding, then plat. diam., then FTTF over a PA. or how do you know it's your turn?

THEY WILL MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE VIP LOUNGE FOR EACH GROUP AS THEY WANT THEM.

You guys have already given me a way better picture of what we need to do than I had before THANKS!

Hope that helps...

Okay, I'm on and off the boards. What is FTTF mean?

Thanks bguppies and everyone else.

We usually cruise from Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale. It's a great port except for the surly CBP agents shouting orders and pushing you through security. Reminds me of when I was in the Marine Corp. If Canaveral is as good as people say it will be a "dream". Pun intended.:D