Link to-Single Parent Travel Authorization Form (ready to print and go)

tgunn1978

I found this AWESOME link to a Single Parent Travel Authorization form/Authorization for Medical Treatment form, and thought that I would share with my Cruise Critic community.

So many single parents cruise with their children every day, and this is the perfect form to fill out, get BOTH parents' signatures and have notarized.

Should I DARE to ask for a STICKY???:rolleyes:

Here you go, friends:

http://www.singleparenttravel.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Minor-Consent-Letter.pdf

I was detained for a bit in Vancouver because I did not have one. Thanks for posting this as a reminder for folks who aren't aware of it. I honestly thought that since I had sole custody of my child that I didn't need the letter...WRONG!

This is great, thanks! DH and I are traveling with his children on the Glory this summer and I wanted something like this for their mother to sign. I had one printed, but the one you have here looks more official! :)

I know! I love the fact that it includes the authorization for medical treatment as well as the ok to travel! We have some people in our group where only one parent is traveling, and also some grandparents that are taking a child with neither parents traveling. So this works great!

I was detained for a bit in Vancouver because I did not have one. Thanks for posting this as a reminder for folks who aren't aware of it. I honestly thought that since I had sole custody of my child that I didn't need the letter...WRONG!

Did you take court papers showing where you LEGALLY were given sole custody? My nephew has his court papers from a judge that granted him sole custody of his two daughters. So he is bringing those. He would never be able to track down their biological mom to get her signature. But according to the law,...luckily he doesn't have to.:p

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the link! I am having to bring this, adoption papers, custody papers, name change papers and her passport. It isn't easy, but the second we are on that ship, it will be so worth it.

Archived