Sleep Inn-Fort Lauderdale

sdamelia

Has anyone ever stayed at the Sleep Inn East Fort Lauderdale? I'm traveling with 4 other adults and we wanted to share one room. They claim to have suites and free transportation to the airport and cruise port. We usually stay at the Embassy Suites, but they won't accept a reservation for only 1 night. We need a room for 1 night pre and post cruise on the Caribbean Princess. Any other suggestions where we can get one room/suite for all of us and free transportation? Or how we can get around the 1 night thing with Embassy Suites? They do have rooms available, but you need to stay at least 2 nights.

never heard of a 2 night minimum at embassy suites--is it a holiday weekend? try amerisuites as an alternative, not as nice, but a compromise between the two. also altho places offer transportation to the port you are better off going in a cab than waiting for a crowd to load up and unload. for 4 people it wont cost much.

We stayed at the Sleep Inn in January and were very pleased. If you get one of the larger rooms (suites), I think you will be OK with four people. The hotel is only a year or so old, so is still in excellent shape. The continental breakfast is like most other hotels that offer the free breakfast.

When we arrived at the airport, we called the hotel. They told us where to meet the shuttle and we waited approximately 15 minutes for them to arrive. When we got to the hotel we signed up for a shuttle to take us to the ship. The next morning, there were lots of people waiting to catch the shuttle. They were very organized and only allowed those people on each shuttle who were signed up for that time.

There is a Walgreens next door, so very convenient if you need to pick up anything for the cruise. There is also an Italian restaurant across the street.

In our opinion, it was a great cruise for a pre-cruise night and we would definitely consider it again.

If this is the Sleep Inn in Dania, it is also very close to Hollywood Beach. I know you're only staying one night, but if you get in early enough, you could always go to the beach for dinner or just a pleasant stroll on the boardwalk. The beach is about 2 miles from the hotel and there is a public bus that stops very close to the hotel. Once you're on the beach, there are lots of reasonably priced restaurants that offer outdoor dining. Also close to the Sleep Inn is West Lake Park and Ann Kolb Nature Center. If you have enough time and are so inclined, you can rent kayaks or canoes and paddle around the Intracoastal. There's also a 45 minute motorized boat tour that leaves every hour from the nature center.

The Sleep Inn in Dania is where we stayed. I assumed this was the Sleep Inn about which the OP was inquiring. Is there another Sleep Inn in the Fort Lauderdale area???

Thanks for the additional info about the area, Miss Hlywd. You locals are so kind to share your knowledge.

I guess I didn't word that well. There's actually 6 adults. Me and my husband, my parents, and my sister and her husband. We're just looking for somewhere to crash for one night before and after the cruise. Do you think the room would be big enough?

I guess I didn't word that well. There's actually 6 adults. Me and my husband, my parents, and my sister and her husband. We're just looking for somewhere to crash for one night before and after the cruise. Do you think the room would be big enough?

I think 6 adults would be crowded in one room at this hotel and at most others. Try the Springhill Suites or La Quinta. Find out if there are any suites w/two double beds and a pull out couch.

sdamelia,

I think it would be possible for six adults to stay in one of the suites at the Sleep Inn. You would need a suite with two double beds and a pull out sofa. It would be crowded but if you are just looking for a place to crash and the six of you would be comfortable sharing a small space, I think it could work. Good luck!!

The one I'm looking at is on : 1500 SE 5th Ave. Dania

Is this the one that is so close to the beach? Because if it is, I think I've found our pre-cruise hotel! Sleep Inn's website is showing a rate of $79.99 for a king nonsmoking. I doubt I would be able to get this particular place on Priceline...I wouldn't want to take the risk in any case. Any other ideas on finding a discounted rate?

As always, thanks so much for your ideas and suggestions! You have no idea how much CC has helped us get ready!

Gail

You've solved all our problems. I've been looking for a reasonable pre-cruise hotel for our next trip and there are 3 families traveling together, with some flying in and some driving. This looks like the answer for all of us. Thank you!

Archived