Upgraded from 1F to 1D

trident777

On the Sapphire Princess sailing May 25 I got an upgrade from 1F to 1D, what exactly does that mean? Both are interior rooms but how is the latter better than the former in terms of location? Is this really much of an upgrade? I'm a bit confused as how this can be an "upgrade" as 1F is on Deck 14 and 1D is on Deck 10 which is further below on the ship but yes it's at the rear of the ship as well.

If I am reading the "Fleet Recategorization" document correctly, the "middle/middle" of the ship is classed as more desirable than high/aft or high/forward. So it would seem your new lower cabin is more desirable. I found the document by searching on the Princess website. Hope this helps.

Addendum: I think it is "I" F not 1F (I for interior)

I see, thanks! Also, another question - my cruise says "Dining Requested: 5:30pm - Confirmed" but then when I click on the link it says "5:30PM - Waitlist #11". It seems contradictory! What does that mean, am I confirmed or waitlisted? Or does the waitlist apply only to those requesting it anew?

I'll take a cabin on Emerald or Plaza deck any time over one on an upper deck. And, I much prefer a cabin near the aft elevator as opposed to mid-ship.

People often book cabins based on their perception that the higher the deck, the better. That's good news for me as I usually get a choice of cabin on a lower deck. This is just my preference but unless it's the only option on the ship, I'd never book a cabin on Lido or Riviera deck.

Archived