NCL - Jewel

DLepard

Room configuration...

Several years ago, I took my daughter on a cruise. When we arrived the room was set up for 2 twins (and there was a pull man). I asked the steward to put the beds as a queen and pull down the pullman if possible. He obliged. I felt bad that he had to remake the room and tipped him extra. I was post surgery, so I wanted more room.

Fast forward to now... I will be taking my 2 teenage boys on a cruise. The room is a quad. Is there anyway that I can let the ship know ahead of time to have both of the pullmans set up? I confess... I don't like sleeping in twin beds! The boys are used to it.

Thanks!!

Room configuration...

Several years ago, I took my daughter on a cruise. When we arrived the room was set up for 2 twins (and there was a pull man). I asked the steward to put the beds as a queen and pull down the pullman if possible. He obliged. I felt bad that he had to remake the room and tipped him extra. I was post surgery, so I wanted more room.

Fast forward to now... I will be taking my 2 teenage boys on a cruise. The room is a quad. Is there anyway that I can let the ship know ahead of time to have both of the pullmans set up? I confess... I don't like sleeping in twin beds! The boys are used to it.

Thanks!!

An email MAY do it but don't plan on it. Don't worry about asking a the steward to do things your way, they're used to it.

Room configuration...

Thanks!!

Just tell the steward your preferences once you arrive. I don't know why it would matter unless you plan on going to bed at 3pm.

The last couple of times that we've had an inside on NCL, we asked the steward on the first day to please separate the beds to give us more room. And I HATE to bother the room steward with this request on day one which is so busy for him in the first place. (A tip was in order of course). Someone on our last cruise said we should mention our bed preference when booking which I didn't know could be done.

So, for our upcoming December Jewel cruise where we've booked an oceanview, I told our TA and she did notate it on our booking. Now, to see if that works?!

Has anyone done this before and will this request make it to our room steward?

Archived