Baths 7am to 2pm ???

Deep68

Speedy's ferry departs Road Town at 7:45 and gets you to VG around 8:15. They have a return ferry departing VG at 12:40 which would get you back to Road Town around 1:10 or 1:15. But to be safe the 11:30 ferry would get you back around noon and you could shop a little at the dock area.

So with the 7:45 and 11:30 ferries you'd have a good 2 hrs to spend at the Baths. You may even have time for some quick shopping in Spanishtown and walk back to the ferry. The 12:40 would get you back in time to re-board by 1:30 but if there is a delay for any reason you're "sunk".

I would probably grab a bite at the Top of the Baths or Mad Dog's place after seeing the baths and take the 11:30 return and shop in Road Town as there are some nice small shops near the cruise dock.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks blue water! good idea, to return on the 11:30, and if there is an issue or delay we can fall back on the 12:40 ferry which would get us back to Road Town by 1:10pm to board the ship for a 2:30 sailing. I have noticed you have replied to a lot of our questions to help us all plan and enjoy our cruises. Thanks from all of us cruisers.

No problem and thanks for that :D I do spend too much time here but love the BVI and like to help others experience these islands as we have. Occasionally I'll read of someone having a "bad" day because of the lack of information, or worse yet misinformation, and I hate to see that happen for someone in these gorgeous islands!

Thanks again! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Is Speedy's ferry close to where the ships are docked? I'm also going to be in Tortola from 7:00 - 2:00 and wondering if I should take the ship's tour (and make sure that we make it back to the ship on time) or take a private ferry (which I think would be better, since we'd get to the Baths earlier than the ship tour would).

I can't get any idea of their location from their website.

Also, are their other ferries that go from Tortola to the Baths several times per day? If so, is one better/more on time than the other(s)?

Thanks!

We will be in Tortola from 7am until 2pm.

Do you think we can do the baths on our own.

What timetable would you suggest for ferries?

What date/ship are you sailing? We are going on Celebrity Summit and will be there on 4/30. This is our first time on Celebrity as we always go on RC. We wanted to try something different since RC is predictable now. Plus, the itinerary worked well since my wife wanted to see NYC.

We are going to do what was suggested by blue_water

What date/ship are you sailing? We are going on Celebrity Summit and will be there on 4/30. This is our first time on Celebrity as we always go on RC. We wanted to try something different since RC is predictable now. Plus, the itinerary worked well since my wife wanted to see NYC.

Come join our roll call if you would like :) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37936691#post37936691

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the same cruise. We will do the same thing. 7:45 ferry and plan to return on the 11:30am

• 2 weeks later...

You will taxi, there will be several lined up at the dock on VG. You can also have a driver pick you up and drop you at the Mineshaft Cafe for lunch and amazing views then pick you up for your return to Spanishtown.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, can't type above!

Limbo man it is doable, I know it's not as long as you would like to have for the effort and time it takes to get there. But the Baths are something to see and worth that effort.

Another option is spending the morning at a beach on Tortola like Long Bay, Brewer's Bay, or the busier Cane Garden Bay. BB and CGB have lunch options and BB also offers snorkeling. Then there are several small shops near the ship including a great spice shop named Sunny Caribbee (dot com).

And of course a tour that includes an island tour and a beach/lunch stop is another option. The taxis have hourly rates or you can get a price for something like this.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

We took the 9:00 ferry and came back on the 12:40 with no issues. 11:00 came to soon and we knew we had to get back up the hill as well. The round trip ferry for Speedy was $30 which covers the taxi ride to the baths. My review is attached in my signature.

Thanks for the trip report and glad you were able to make it to the Baths. Sorry you didn't make it for the 7:30 ferry but you still had a little time there. And good advice on the ATM, anyone cruising or flying to another country should definitely alert any credit or debit/ATM card banks. We learned the hard way on our first cruise in 2001, our cc was shut off adter the first use and it cost $10/minute:eek: to call and get it rectified.

Thanks again, maybe you'll get the urge to fly back and spend more time in the area!

Archived