Dining option

Both. If you do Chops go a bit later. We did Chops on Allure at 5:30 (opening time), along with many other diners. They were trying to get all meals out at once. We were a group of ten so it took nearly 3 hours. I noticed small groups did get served faster. We did Chops on FOS at 9pm and there was only a few others in there. Excellent service. My guess is as the diners arrive in a more "staggered" time they are able to keep up with service.

Did Giovanni's (also on Allure) for lunch. Very nice. Again we had 8 of us. Went right at opening (11 am). Service was great. Family style for apps and dessert. We also only ordered a few entrees and did family style for those also. If you go try the meatballs!

All was good. Choice depends on your personal likes. But do dinner at Chops and lunch at Giovanni's. it's $15 for Giovnnis at lunch. In my opinion well worth it.

Want to try specialty dining this time around on Oasis. Which should it be Giovanni's Table, Portofino's, or Chop's? Or if none of these which restaurant would be better for a first timer?

We splurged and did the central park dining package on our recent Allure cruise. It was $140 for my wife and I and that gave us 150 Central Park, Chop's & Giovanni's table. I believe it comes out to around 20% off as opposed to reserving them individually. I'm pretty sure the Oasis offers this as well. We really enjoyed all 3 with 150 CP being our favorite. If it is within your budget you might want to look into it.

For food and value, I would definitely go for Giovanni's Table.

Try the steak and by all means the tiramisu for dessert.

Giovanni's is the cheapest of the venues you mentioned and is even cheaper for lunch!

Archived