Indy March 16-24th

This was our second cruise. Our first being on Enchantment 6 years ago. Left our 10 yr old twins and our 9 yr old with grandparents while we are gone. We are currently disucssing another cruise with all five of us in 2 years.

Pre-cruse: Cruise left on Sat. March 16th from Ft. Lauderdale. We flew in a day early. Flying out of Grand Rapids. MI Friday at 6:30 AM. Had quite a layover in Newark, NJ and landed in FL about 1:30. Flights were unevenful. However a quote from Star Wars comes to mind when I think about the Newark airport..." You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.” ....yes...it seemed that bad.

Stayed at the Hilton Marina. A few good things about the hotel. Loved the fact that there was a water taxi stop right outside the hotel. We made good use of this. We wanted to try the water taxi six years ago and just didnt. So much fun to see all the yachts and mansions along the canals. Well worth the money as if is a fun and unique way to see the city. Lots of good trivia/info given out as well. Steven Speilberg's yacht is docked right off the hotel property as well. Forgot the price of it but was millions and millions of dollars. THe co-pilot of the water taxi said that she had never actually seen in sail. THe rooms at the Hilton were "OK". May have felt better about in had we not overpaid...to the price of 299.00 (included breakfast the next morning and shuttle to the pier). HAd a good view of the city, the pool, and the pool bar. Once we settled in, my wife jumped in the shower and I....well, went to check out the bar. Wife joined me later adn between the two of us....she had two mojitos and a salad. I had 4 drafts and a panini. Our bill was over 130.00. Mojitos themselves were 14.00. Not a cheap place to eat or drink. There really isnt much really close to to the hotel as far as bars/restaurants go. There is a Walgreens a couple blocks away where I went and bought a six pack and last minute supplies for the cruise. It really wasnt a bad hotel, but would have felt a lot better about it for half the price.

Enbarkment/Day 1.......

Archived