Gare du Nord Hotel transfer.

karen sharpe

We are taking The Chunnel from London to Paris Gare du Nord with luggage for a river cruise....we will need transport to a Paris hotel pre cruise.Has anyone prebooked a van for pick up at the Paris train station or is transport readily available curbside?

We are taking The Chunnel from London to Paris Gare du Nord with luggage for a river cruise....we will need transport to a Paris hotel pre cruise.Has anyone prebooked a van for pick up at the Paris train station or is transport readily available curbside?

There is a taxi stand right outside the station...anyone can direct you. Do NOT use anyone who approches you before you get to the queue (line) as they will rip you off.Very easy to do this when you get off the chunnel.

Thanks for the wise info...do you remember seeing any vans?

No.You can call or email a shuttle service for pickup,but I have come in late at night and just got a taxi.Lat time I used one was abig bus/train strike so the queue was obscene but moved fast.The gyspy cabs were all over...they may have a van,but again DON'T use.

We were able to get a mini van from the Taxi queue. But we were prepared to just get two taxis if none was available. We came in on the train from Amsterdam with another couple, the queue was long, but moved quickly.

Joe

Thanks for the wise info...do you remember seeing any vans?

We arranged for a transfer through Viator.com. I believe they subcontract through Paris Shuttle locally, but I would book with Viator because I think they are more English-speaking. We did have to wait for the driver at the station, but he did stop for us at an ATM for Euros, which we needed.

If you book to leave Paris with them be sure you can confirm your reservation 24 hours ahead by email or by phone. I guess everyone has Smart Phones and IPads now as opposed to when we were there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully not too far off topic.

Do the taxis in Paris accept credit cards like those in the US do now? Or should I have cash ready? I haven't been for 15+ years and have no idea what to expect...and won't have cash in hand yet...just trying to figure it out logistically! Thank you!

Archived