Booked Early Saver but now category is sold out!

msbmommy99

We booked with the early saver option for the Carnival Dream (Oct. 5, 2013 sail date). We booked category 4F interior. The price dropped $40.00 in February and they adjusted our final payment amount. We were very happy with that.

I check everyday to see if we have a price drop. I have been told that our category is now sold out. What happens to our Early Saver plan since our category has sold out? Will we not receive any more discounts because our category is sold out? Anyone ever had this happen to them?

HELP!:eek:

Correct...you can only price match to same category. However, someone may upgrade from interior, thus opening up some rooms, which u could get OBC for if they are offered at a lower rate than what u paid. Also, I think u can still upgrade, say to a balcony, if price of a balcony is ever offered for the same or less than what u paid. I am kinda new at this, so I hope I got it right!

We booked with the early saver option for the Carnival Dream (Oct. 5, 2013 sail date). We booked category 4F interior. The price dropped $40.00 in February and they adjusted our final payment amount. We were very happy with that.

I check everyday to see if we have a price drop. I have been told that our category is now sold out. What happens to our Early Saver plan since our category has sold out? Will we not receive any more discounts because our category is sold out? Anyone ever had this happen to them?

HELP!:eek:

I can tell you that for my April cruise, balconies were 100% sold out. About two weeks ago balconies are now back...and at a pretty cheap rate at that. It can happen!

Booked two ocean suites for an April 2013 cruise the beginning of July 2012. Price never went down. Then suites have been sold out for many many many weeks. I had given up on any OBC...well...one suite became available on Monday and I rushed and got the forms emailed to Carnival (a big thanks goes out to my roll call for telling me about the suite opening up). Yesterday got OBC for one of the cabins and now am patiently waiting to hear about the second cabin which happens to be my cabin!! :rolleyes:

Correct...you can only price match to same category.

I was under the impression that even if your category type was sold out, that yoyu could still get reduced rates / OBC if a higher category was cheaper. So if you have a quad 8B, but a quad 8E was available cheaper, you would not have to move to the 8E, but could still get the cheaper price.

Is that wrong?

Ever since January my category on the Dream appeared to be sold out, when the fareviewer started working again last week some coves became available ... but interestingly enough I can only see those available rooms when I'm logged into carnival dot com. When I search without logging in, there are no rooms available at all :confused:

Either way, just keep checking. I will keep checking as long as I can cuz you never know, good luck! :)

I was under the impression that even if your category type was sold out, that yoyu could still get reduced rates / OBC if a higher category was cheaper. So if you have a quad 8B, but a quad 8E was available cheaper, you would not have to move to the 8E, but could still get the cheaper price.

Is that wrong?

It's not totally wrong. It's the typical Carnival answer: it depends on who you talk to. According to the rules of ES, as I understand it, you can price match against a higher category, but you have to move to that category. However, I've read of a number of people who've requested to stay in their cabin and were able to do that and still get the fare drop. It just depends on who you talk to.

OP, if you don't mind taking the risk you may have to move to the category you're matching against, you can price match to a higher category.

It's not totally wrong. It's the typical Carnival answer: it depends on who you talk to. According to the rules of ES, as I understand it, you can price match against a higher category, but you have to move to that category. However, I've read of a number of people who've requested to stay in their cabin and were able to do that and still get the fare drop. It just depends on who you talk to.

OP, if you don't mind taking the risk you may have to move to the category you're matching against, you can price match to a higher category.

Agreed. This happened to me on my May 26 Sunshine sailing. I had an Aft extended balcony cabin but the Spa Balconies went on sale for more than $300 less than what I had paid for the aft extended balcony but to get the OBC I had to change categories. I ended up moving and taking the OBC. Hated to give up the aft extended balcony but I couldn't pass up the additional OBC especially since the cruise is very port intensive. I now have over $700 OBC for the cabin which should pay for everything we spend onboard. It will be nice leaving the ship without any more charges to my credit card.

Jim

Agreed. This happened to me on my May 26 Sunshine sailing. I had an Aft extended balcony cabin but the Spa Balconies went on sale for more than $300 less than what I had paid for the aft extended balcony but to get the OBC I had to change categories. I ended up moving and taking the OBC. Hated to give up the aft extended balcony but I couldn't pass up the additional OBC especially since the cruise is very port intensive. I now have over $700 OBC for the cabin which should pay for everything we spend onboard. It will be nice leaving the ship without any more charges to my credit card.

Jim

Very nice! Have a great cruise!

Archived