Early disembarkation with assistance

Anneinmanhattan

I have to be in England at St. Pancras no later than 1:00 p.m. with QM2 arriving about 7:00 in morning. Was told not to book train earlier than 1:00, which I did. Now it seems that this may be a problem. My sister and I have a car picking us up at 9:00 (latest recommended time by car service), and I will have one large bag (to go to White Star), one small carry-on, and my sister, with problems walking, will have small to medium-sized luggage. I can't possibly carry three bags and when I called Cunard I did not get any satisfactiion beyond you'll probably work it out. So, does anyone know if I can leave my White Star luggage at door at night for the porters to take and then get early disembarking for my sister and me with our smaller cases. Two I can handle. We are aft on Deck 5, inside cabin. Thanks for any advice on how to handle this.

Also, I ordered a wheelchair for my sister, on and off, but I know if she can walk with a limp she'll feel self-conscious using a wheelchair in disembarking. Sort of like cheating!

PARTIAL QUOTE

Also, I ordered a wheelchair for my sister, on and off, but I know if she can walk with a limp she'll feel self-conscious using a wheelchair in disembarking. Sort of like cheating!

Hi Anneinmanhattan. No need for anyone to feel self conscious disembarking by any method, unless perhaps they are being lead off in handcuffs!:eek: :)

A broken leg needs time to heal, no reason for extra stress. The important thing is that doctors orders are followed. Personally, I am happy to see that passengers with mobility issues are given priority treatment because I know that we could all be in the same boat -- oh wait, we are all in the same boat! :) Regards & best wishes, -S.

I have not used White Star luggage service, but believe I am correct in saying that you have to register for this several days before end of cruise, that you are given forms to fill out and appropriate luggage tags, however I also believe that you have o reclaim your luggage and take it to a special office . This will mean getting off AFTER the luggage has been unloaded, if this is so then you will not be off in advance of the "hoard".

On last Saturday, there was several delays, once it was luggage was not unloaded, then it was another problem, then they closed one gangway, and there was a delay in setting up a gangway on another deck. I had to report to my waiting area at 8a.m, did not get off ship until nearly 10a.m.

There were many upset people .

Was delayed getting on board at LA, waited in "holding area" for over two hours, at Ft Lauderdale (first US port) Everyone had to get off even if they were not going on tour, Delay after delay, I was in transit, waited almost two hours to get off, just to show my US passport to an official (less than two minutes) then had to wait another two hours in a miserable "holding area". before being allowed back on .

Wait made even worse because a group of visiting travel agents where allowed to get on board whilst we - the fare paying in transit "guests of Cunard" were still not allowed .

As you can guess, there was a very angry crowd of in transit passengers demanding to be allowed back on board. No one ever explained why this happened. I did write a letter of complaint, addressed to Purser and handed in at desk, but no one contacted me .

We've used White Star for a Southampton arrival. You leave your luggage out the night before as usual (along with attached White Star paperwork and whatever disembarkation color tag you are issued). Once inside the terminal, you claim your luggage and take it to the White Star rep for processing.

So you DO need to wait for your luggage to be off-loaded. You can't just leave it out the night before and on arrival morning leave to your final destination.

Archived