My Time Dining pros/cons

Hello.

Early and Late dining options were sold out when we booked, so we are 'My Timers". Is this a good or bad thing? We can be put on waitlist? Thanks.:)

I think that's a good thing. We book My Time Dining. You can make reservations, same time each night or different times. You can also just show up without reservations. You might have a little wait, but usually get seated quickly. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

We have been doing MTD for the past few cruises and love the flexibility it provides. We usually do not wish to sit at large table with people we don't know although I know alot of people like it. We enjoy a table with the people we are traveling with and have found with MTD we have been able to sit in same area with same waiters with a little encouragement to hostess. For people who like a routine and a set show time then more traditional dining options are probably better. For us, once we had tried MTD we were sold. You will have fun either way. Hope it works out for the best for you.:)

I love MTD.

I eat when I want and where I want without having to worry about tablemates being left high and dry if I want to go to a specialty restaurant or the buffet.

I love MTD.

I'm not bound by a set time which means I don't have to rush to get ready to head for the dining room.

I love MTD.

I can eat at the same table each night if I want or move if I want.

I love MTD.

My upcoming cruise will be the first time I've had a set dining time and I'm not thrilled with it. I like the flexibility of being able to choose when I eat. We are waitlisted for MTD. I really hope once we get on the ship we can change from the early dining, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

It seems to me that MTD should give you a lot of flexibility--if you want to dine every night at the same time, you still can. Hopefully you'll love it!

We haven't done it on RCCI and our last cruise on the Oasis we had 6 others at our table and enjoyed our table mates very much. But, we've done MTD on other lines and loved the flexibility. When we do the traditional, the early is usually too early for us and sometime the late is too late depending on what we've done for the day and what are plans are for the evening. It's great to just go whenever. We've never had to wait a long time and usually were seated immediately. They usually ask if we want to dine with others or by ourselves. We usually don't care and sometimes we've been seated with others and sometimes just us. Works great I think. And we've also actually sat with some of the same people more than once because we happened to show up at the same time. I like the option, so, no, I don't think it's a bad thing at all! :)

I love MTD.

I eat when I want and where I want without having to worry about tablemates being left high and dry if I want to go to a specialty restaurant or the buffet.

I love MTD.

I'm not bound by a set time which means I don't have to rush to get ready to head for the dining room.

I love MTD.

I can eat at the same table each night if I want or move if I want.

I love MTD.

Linda ? Do you love my time dining by any chance ?

Guest maddycat
Hello.

Early and Late dining options were sold out when we booked, so we are 'My Timers". Is this a good or bad thing? We can be put on waitlist? Thanks.:)

We've been doing MTD for several cruises and love it. We'd never go back to traditional dining again. We never make reservations. We walk up and are usually seated within a short time. We can get a table for 2 without any trouble. Which is perfect for us since we don't like to eat with strangers. If we want, we can request the same wait staff for the entire cruise.

Hi there!

For our last cruise the early dining was all booked out so we were left with MTD - so we had to pre-pay our gratuities which we preferred.

We pre-booked an early time via the RCL website for our first night and then that time and table and wait-staff were ours for the 12 nights.

We had 3 nights of speciality dining booked so just advised the staff that we would not be in those nights.

We received wonderful service, never had to wait in line and would definately book MTD again. :D

Gae

It mainly depends on whether you like to see the shows. The shows are timed so that you can make them with the traditional dining times. If you don't care as much about getting to the shows on time, then my time is fine.

Can we change from early seating to MTD once on board? I'm thinking we really should have gone with MTD. We leave Sunday on ExOS. :)

Normally this should be no problem. You will have to pre pay your gratuities though; even though this will be added to your daily account for regular dining they are still taking MTD gratuities up front I believe. On FoS last week they had a desk at WindJammer set up at embarkation for people to make reservations / change over.... otherwise there will be someone at the MDR.

It mainly depends on whether you like to see the shows. The shows are timed so that you can make them with the traditional dining times. If you don't care as much about getting to the shows on time, then my time is fine.

We use MTD most of the time now. Love the ability to come and go as we like. If one wants to get to a particular show, you just go to MTD at an appropriate time to be done in time to go to the show. Most of the time you can go to MTD before the traditional dining opens up.

As our MTD seating was usually 6.15-6.30 each night, we were well and truly finished our dining in time for the late show each night, which I might add, were fantastic each night on our recent Rhapsody cruise!

Gae

Archived