In need of some ideas to steal!

Hello you fabulous cruise brides! It's been a while since I've posted! I've been busy busy busy!! Anywho....I'm about 5 and a half months out and I feel like I've hit a wall. I've been going back and forth with myself trying to figure out what to do for favors. I've finally decided on "welcome bags" for my sailing guests (we have about 21 ppl sailing). I'm thinking of purchasing nice tote bags bags and stuffing them with "vacation" essentials and toiletries. However, I wanted to do something different for the non cruising guests but equally nice. So I was wondering what you ladies were doing or have done for wedding favors?

Also I know a few months back I started a thread about "customizing" your wedding...but I wanted pick your brains on this one again. All I can think of is the wedding favors and maybe a cake topper. Any other ideas?

Lastly, is anyone having a flower girl? I am booked with Carnival and was wondering if they allow you to bring rose petals (silk) for the flower girl? Would we have to clean that up ourselves or does Carnival do that? BTW I'm doing an embarkation wedding. Thanks!!

OMGoosh, I seen Ur date and my Heart Droped.. But Same Date different Ship...

I LOVE UR favor idea (Welcome Bags) .. When are You getting in for your Wedding Cruise? Because U could do the Same thing but maybe with Different Items.. I know If I wasnt sailing I would still want one :) (BUT thats just ME)

wedding favors~ I have really though of any my self. The Toper & Personalize Napkins are what Im doing so far, so I would love to here some ideas too..

No Flower Gurl for me, But I have heard of some Brides bringing their Own Silk Bouquet... DONT quote me.. I read it in some Reviews...... Carnival Says NO, BUT some how its been done.. SO if U can get away with it, go for it...

5.5 months Left and we will be Married :p

Hello you fabulous cruise brides! It's been a while since I've posted! I've been busy busy busy!! Anywho....I'm about 5 and a half months out and I feel like I've hit a wall. I've been going back and forth with myself trying to figure out what to do for favors. I've finally decided on "welcome bags" for my sailing guests (we have about 21 ppl sailing). I'm thinking of purchasing nice tote bags bags and stuffing them with "vacation" essentials and toiletries. However, I wanted to do something different for the non cruising guests but equally nice. So I was wondering what you ladies were doing or have done for wedding favors?

Also I know a few months back I started a thread about "customizing" your wedding...but I wanted pick your brains on this one again. All I can think of is the wedding favors and maybe a cake topper. Any other ideas?

Lastly, is anyone having a flower girl? I am booked with Carnival and was wondering if they allow you to bring rose petals (silk) for the flower girl? Would we have to clean that up ourselves or does Carnival do that? BTW I'm doing an embarkation wedding. Thanks!!

I had a similar problem and wanted projects. We did OOT bags with cruise themed items and a fun welcome letter with door tag. We also took care of everyone's paperwork, so we did a check-list and slipped their docs and it inside of a clear cover so we could just hand everyone that when they checked in.

We had a flower girl and she tossed silk petals with no problem. We were told it was OK, as long as someone cleaned them up. She, being 4, ended up cleaning them up after the ceremony and then going back down throwing them again. It was one of her favorite parts of being a flower girl.

8600876642_9b77feabf5_n.jpg

We're doing welcome bags for both sailing and non-sailing guests. We'll hand them out a welcome dinner the night before the cruise. Between my sister, my future mother-in-law, and myself, the bags will include:

Sailing Guests

Welcome Letter

Day-of Wedding Timeline

Tropical themed hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works

Note pad with pen

Trident (get it?) gum

Bahamian Rum Cake recipe card

Biscoff cookies

Nautical-themed post-it notes with our wedding date, picture of an anchor, and "Thank You for Sharing in Our Special Day"

Map of Nassau

Mints

Non-Sailing Guests

Welcome Letter

Day-of Wedding Timeline

Note pad with pen

Trident gum

Biscoff cookies

Nautical-themed post-it notes

Nassau Postcard

Mints

Everything's going in nautical-themed "Welcome to our Wedding" giftbags that I ordered from Oriental Trading Co.

Still undecided on the favors. We may not have any since we are giving out the welcome bags, but I just feel like there should be some small token at the actual wedding.

We won't have a flower girl, but I've read that silk petals are ok.

As for personalization, I made "Just Married" and "Thank You" banners in our wedding colors for the reception. I'll also have signs in picture frames for the cake table "Love is Sweet. Have a Treat," and for the guest book table (don't know what that one's going to say yet). I made our guest book and pen holders, and ordered flower pens off Etsy.

Hey date twin :) Maybe you're on to something...maybe the non-sailing guests would also like a tote bag! I was going to include a t-shirt with me and my fiancé's name and wedding date, a bottle of water with the label customized, coffee mug, maybe traveling sized tooth paste, aspirin, Dramamine, etc. Maybe even customized soaps too! I'm still trying to decide.

I can't believe we are only a few months away! I booked my cruise towards the end of 2011, and the time has flew by :)

OMGoosh, I seen Ur date and my Heart Droped.. But Same Date different Ship...

I LOVE UR favor idea (Welcome Bags) .. When are You getting in for your Wedding Cruise? Because U could do the Same thing but maybe with Different Items.. I know If I wasnt sailing I would still want one :) (BUT thats just ME)

wedding favors~ I have really though of any my self. The Toper & Personalize Napkins are what Im doing so far, so I would love to here some ideas too..

No Flower Gurl for me, But I have heard of some Brides bringing their Own Silk Bouquet... DONT quote me.. I read it in some Reviews...... Carnival Says NO, BUT some how its been done.. SO if U can get away with it, go for it...

5.5 months Left and we will be Married :p

I had a similar problem and wanted projects. We did OOT bags with cruise themed items and a fun welcome letter with door tag. We also took care of everyone's paperwork, so we did a check-list and slipped their docs and it inside of a clear cover so we could just hand everyone that when they checked in.

We had a flower girl and she tossed silk petals with no problem. We were told it was OK, as long as someone cleaned them up. She, being 4, ended up cleaning them up after the ceremony and then going back down throwing them again. It was one of her favorite parts of being a flower girl.

Carnival Brides, THANK YOU so much for that info!!! I will def keep that mind! BTW your flower girl was adorable!

We're doing welcome bags for both sailing and non-sailing guests. We'll hand them out a welcome dinner the night before the cruise. Between my sister, my future mother-in-law, and myself, the bags will include:

Sailing Guests

Welcome Letter

Day-of Wedding Timeline

Note pad with pen

Trident (get it?) gum

Biscoff cookies

Nautical-themed post-it notes with our wedding date, picture of an anchor, and "Thank You for Sharing in Our Special Day"

Map of Nassau

Mints

Non-Sailing Guests

Welcome Letter

Day-of Wedding Timeline

Note pad with pen

Trident gum

Biscoff cookies

Nassau Postcard

Mints

Everything's going in nautical-themed "Welcome to our Wedding" giftbags that I ordered from Oriental Trading Co.

Still undecided on the favors. We may not have any since we are giving out the welcome bags, but I just feel like there should be some small token at the actual wedding.

As for personalization, I made "Just Married" and "Thank You" banners in our wedding colors for the reception. I'll also have signs in picture frames for the cake table "Love is Sweet. Have a Treat," and for the guest book table (don't know what that one's going to say yet). I made our guest book and pen holders, and ordered flower pens off Etsy.

WOW!!! Your welcome bags sound amazing! I absolutely love your ideas! I will surely make a note! Also I can't wait to read your review, I'm sure your wedding will be absolutely beautiful!

I only have sailing guests, and we are getting married in Grand Cayman, so we are doing welcome aboard bags on Monday, when we set sail and a different item for favors on Wednesday the day of the wedding.

Since my son has autism, we have purchased Autism Speaks bracelets. My son isn't going with me on the cruise, since my ex-husband didn't want to go... and that would be strange!!! So, in honor of my son we are giving everyone a bracelet, and found these nautical themed gift tags from Oriental Trading, and I tied them to the bracelets, and put in the gift tag that instead of a traditional favor, we are giving everyone bracelets to honor my son and to bring awareness to the 1 in 88 children in the US who have autism, and that the bracelets were a donation to Autism Speaks.

I know everyone will love both as just about everyone who is going loves my little man.

We had a flower girl and she tossed silk petals with no problem. We were told it was OK, as long as someone cleaned them up. She, being 4, ended up cleaning them up after the ceremony and then going back down throwing them again. It was one of her favorite parts of being a flowergirl.

LOL, I hadn't seen this picture!! Gotta love how cute she was!!

You Better Go with your 18 days left, self. lol.. I LOVE this... U Did that! Giving ALL of us Ideas :cool:

Sailing Guests

Welcome Letter

Day-of Wedding Timeline

Note pad with pen

Trident (get it?) gum

Biscoff cookies

Map of Nassau

Mints

Non-Sailing Guests

Welcome Letter

Day-of Wedding Timeline

Note pad with pen

Trident gum

Biscoff cookies

Nassau Postcard

Mints

Yesss Twin It sure has flew bye.. We did Too, like mid last year though.. But I LOVE what U have already.. It all Sounds Wonderful To me.. The Soap, Now that's hot *=*, Oh IF U gonna do the Tooth Paste, don't forget the mini tooth brush... Keep it up U are doing really good. Almost to the 5 month mark we go..

Hey date twin :) Maybe you're on to something...maybe the non-sailing guests would also like a tote bag! I was going to include a t-shirt with me and my fiancé's name and wedding date, a bottle of water with the label customized, coffee mug, maybe traveling sized tooth paste, aspirin, Dramamine, etc. Maybe even customized soaps too! I'm still trying to decide.

I can't believe we are only a few months away! I booked my cruise towards the end of 2011, and the time has flew by :)

• 2 weeks later...

Please see my post in the bridal shower/ bachlorette party thread. Feel free to tweak it and use it.

For my nephews wedding on Carnival we gave the hand sanitizers, chap stick, ship shaped luggage tags and a personalized sail boat(yeah, we were on a ship but it was still cute) and fans. We ordered from so many places but I know our favs are Efavormart and oriental trading company. The guests LOVED the fans! I just looked the sail boats came from weddingstar.com.

Other good things to add are sunscreen, one of the small collapseable brush/mirrors (I found at dollar tree), maybe even sunglasses. Have fun and good luck!!

Oriental Trading Company is my site honey.. But I have never heard of the others b4 Im going to check them out.. Thank You :0)

Please see my post in the bridal shower/ bachlorette party thread. Feel free to tweak it and use it.

For my nephews wedding on Carnival we gave the hand sanitizers, chap stick, ship shaped luggage tags and a personalized sail boat(yeah, we were on a ship but it was still cute) and fans. We ordered from so many places but I know our favs are Efavormart and oriental trading company. The guests LOVED the fans! I just looked the sail boats came from weddingstar.com.

Other good things to add are sunscreen, one of the small collapseable brush/mirrors (I found at dollar tree), maybe even sunglasses. Have fun and good luck!!

Oriental Trading Company is my site honey.. But I have never heard of the others b4 Im going to check them out.. Thank You :0)

Girl, I have lists as long as my arm :) I have helped plan 3 weddings and numerous parties. I love it!

Heeey ThisFemmeKat,

I will for SURE check this one out in a few.. Thanks so much.. and I see U are not that far behind.. Woot Woot :)

Im right behind you girls on 10/26/13 .. EEK..

I found Carnival_brides post very inspiring and helpful.. She was married on the pride but they added little touches to personalize her event..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36833020#post36833020

Girl, I have lists as long as my arm :) I have helped plan 3 weddings and numerous parties. I love it!

FOR REAL????? well U can Throw the names out anytime U like.. I did a thread about this b 4 Im gonna try to find it and your Wedding Planning self could add to it and help us out :) WOOOOOOOOO I swear U ROCK!!!!!

FOR REAL????? well U can Throw the names out anytime U like.. I did a thread about this b 4 Im gonna try to find it and your Wedding Planning self could add to it and help us out :) WOOOOOOOOO I swear U ROCK!!!!!

You are too funny. I will pull my laptop out tomorrow and give yall some sites!

Things you can do to "customize" your wedding

Sand Ceremony

Rose/Vase Ceremony

Wine Ceremony

Personalized Aisle Runner

Cake Topper

Silk Flowers

Guest Book/Post Cards/Frame

on a side note those doing guest bags or have a lot of sailing guests, it is nice to include a lists of all sailing guests and room numbers for everyone.

WINE I havent heard of that one yet.... What all is this? We take a shot or a Cup of Wine?

That was great to add the Family Cruise Directory.. I always do that.. I give the Cabin #, and phone #...

Ree1009! Dont LOL at me, lololol Yall know Im crazy

Things you can do to "customize" your wedding

Sand Ceremony

Rose/Vase Ceremony

Wine Ceremony

Personalized Aisle Runner

Cake Topper

Silk Flowers

Guest Book/Post Cards/Frame

on a side note those doing guest bags or have a lot of sailing guests, it is nice to include a lists of all sailing guests and room numbers for everyone.

WINE I havent heard of that one yet.... What all is this? We take a shot or a Cup of Wine?

It's also called a love letter ceremony. Basically you place a bottle of wine and love letters to each other in a wooden box, nail it shut at the wedding. Then you open it on your xyz anniversary, read the letters and drink the bottle of wine.

Archived