Things you can do to "customize" your wedding

Sand Ceremony

Rose/Vase Ceremony

Wine Ceremony

Personalized Aisle Runner

Cake Topper

Silk Flowers

Guest Book/Post Cards/Frame

on a side note those doing guest bags or have a lot of sailing guests, it is nice to include a lists of all sailing guests and room numbers for everyone.

I will have a guest directory listed on the Personalized FunTimes that I got from Carnival_Brides.. They are adorable.. and very useful.. my guests will love them.

It's also called a love letter ceremony. Basically you place a bottle of wine and love letters to each other in a wooden box, nail it shut at the wedding. Then you open it on your xyz anniversary, read the letters and drink the bottle of wine.

I haven't heard of that... I like that idea. That is like the Rose/Vase...

The Wine Ceremony I heard about was a basic share a glass of wine to symbolize sharing life. I also heard where they had the parents/children share the 'wine' or if underaged kids grape juice to symbolize unity.

OOOOOOO Ok I have heard of that, I LOVE that Idea.. My Friend did one and They Put either their Vows OR a Love letter, and the preacher told them if they EVERY get to a rough patch or feel they dont want to be Married anymore.. They can crack it open and go over the day they Confess their Love to each other in Front of GOD and Family and friends.. I told her I was going to Use that...She said she didnt mind and she is even flying to Maimi to come, lol..

Plus I want to get a Broom and we jump over it :)

It's also called a love letter ceremony. Basically you place a bottle of wine and love letters to each other in a wooden box, nail it shut at the wedding. Then you open it on your xyz anniversary, read the letters and drink the bottle of wine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I'm getting married in GC too! That's so awesome! Hope you enjoy it there! Are you going through Carnival or an outside WC?

I only have sailing guests, and we are getting married in Grand Cayman, so we are doing welcome aboard bags on Monday, when we set sail and a different item for favors on Wednesday the day of the wedding.

Since my son has autism, we have purchased Autism Speaks bracelets. My son isn't going with me on the cruise, since my ex-husband didn't want to go... and that would be strange!!! So, in honor of my son we are giving everyone a bracelet, and found these nautical themed gift tags from Oriental Trading, and I tied them to the bracelets, and put in the gift tag that instead of a traditional favor, we are giving everyone bracelets to honor my son and to bring awareness to the 1 in 88 children in the US who have autism, and that the bracelets were a donation to Autism Speaks.

I know everyone will love both as just about everyone who is going loves my little man.

Archived