Canary Islands in January

Has anyone cruise around the canary island in January, My son and his partner are thinking of this cruise but are concerned about how choppy the sea in be. They are bad sailors in choppy seas.

We did this cruise in December. We were were very lucky as we had lovely calm seas all week. I am not a good sailor but didn't need to use the travel sickness tablets I brought along as a precaution.

I have experienced rough seas in the Med. in the summer months though.....so guess it's all a bit unpredictable......hope they enjoy !

Has anyone cruise around the canary island in January, My son and his partner are thinking of this cruise but are concerned about how choppy the sea in be. They are bad sailors in choppy seas.

We had very, very choppy seas on our 1st March cruise, so much so that the Captain very wisely changed the itinerary to avoid them. We stayed in the shelter of Las Palmas, Gran Canaria for 3 days rather than sail to La Palma and Madeira in force 8/9 gales. I too suffer from motion sickness but wore the wristbands and took sea sickness tablets when the sea looked choppy and was fine. I think you just have to take a chance that the seas will be calm when you travel.

We've been on this cruise twice before in January. Going back again for New Year. The only part of the trip that was choppy was saling from Maderia to Agadir. Its not that bad been in worse in the Med.:D

Archived