Cancelled Sunshiners, refund received??

o-state girl

Just curious as to how many may have received their refunds for their cancelled Sunshine cruise. I'm wondering how long it will take. Please post whether you have or have not recieved your refund.

Someone posted on Carnival's FB page earlier...they were highly pissed about not having their refund and being able to get a hold of someone.

Someone from Carnival responded to them and informed them that the cruise fare had been refunded back to their card on yesterday and that they had to wait for other services they had purchased (i.e. airfare).

Haven't seen it from the April 12 Sunshine cruise. Travel Agent confirmed that it was in process 8 days ago and thought it could take up to 2 weeks given the number of cancellations they are dealing with.

I cancelled my shore excursions as soon as I heard about the cancellation and before the booking disappeared from my profile and received that refund within days.

We cannot rebook another cruise...cannot change vacation time, trip of a lifetime has changed to nightmare of a lifetime. You all that are asking for airfare refund, you did cancel your airfare and they supplied you with documentation that you forwarded to Carnival?

Refund from Carnival came through on the credit card account today. We were on the April 26th sailing. We had no air, hotels, or tours booked so we are all set. We rebooked another European cruise for April 22 but on a different line. Enough Carnival for now.

No refund received yet from the 12th April cruise.

This cruise was part of a 5 week European Holiday so I have had to fill in 14 days with hotels and internal flights in Europe.

Could really do with the refund before I leave.

Refund for cruise fare posted to credit card yesterday...now just waiting for the airline change fees (they probably haven't paid it since I haven't submitted it yet;)).
Talked to Carnival a couple of days ago they stated they were just now working on March 18th claims and it would be a couple of more weeks before the got my request for April 12th cruise. They owe me 3300.00 in hotels and airfare. I sent it to them over a week ago. They have already refunded my cruise and tour money. They also said they were making refunds on a case by case basis. I guess I should have paid them on a case by case basis. I suggest you submit A.S.A.P as it is going to take a while if we are lucky. I will be glad to hear of someone getting airfare and hotel money refunded that was self purchased.

Quick update - have now also had an email saying my flight/hotel refund request has been approved and they will be sending the money to me shortly - big sigh of relief! We were booked on 12th April cruise.

Cruise fare refund posted to credit card about 10 days ago, finally yesterday email from Carnival stating airfare check should be sent in 10-14 days. Sad that a trip of a lifetime has turned in to just praying for a refund!

I'm still waiting on my $1200 airfare refund. On Monday, Apr 8th, I was promised that I would receive it within 14 days. We'll see.

Carnival doesn't seem to grasp the concept that just because they cancelled the cruise, that people can just change their vacation schedule at work. I am locked into taking a vacation that week and I need all of my money back so that I can have a plan B.

Why, oh why would I ever think that Carnival could ever be trusted with my dream "bucket list" cruise? Never again.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my airfare refund check via FedEx yesterday. I won't ever trust Carnival with a big cruise like this that was very important to me. They really took away my cruising mojo with the way I was handled by their customer service.

Next two cruises will be on Allure of the Seas & NCL Epic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I guess my whole thing is that travel comes with risks. I do undertand dream vacations and unable to switch times, but when traveling in the winter like some, there are times where flights get cancelled and such. Same would go if a car would break down.

I would rather Carnival put off sailing the ship out to sea then sent it off without them feeling really secure about it. I think it was a smart move on their part

They do deal with thousands of people and it takes time. Nothing is instantanious. I think it's just life. My refund on a prior cruise was done because of ship probelms while we were sailing, but it is just making the best of it.

I don't think everyone would give up entirely on someone if they failed them a time or two. Money will come back. Make the best memories and be creatvie until the time being. If you had to wait for money to live from a cancelled cruise maybe some people should be going if money is that tight. It isn't an attack to say that, but just seems like the smarter thing to do.

Travel comes with risks, yes. So does ignoring all of the displaced cruisers and your bread & butter frequent customers while tying up all your pvp's and customer service reps with a big sale.

It's bad business and you know it.

Travel comes with risks, yes. So does ignoring all of the displaced cruisers and your bread & butter frequent customers while tying up all your pvp's and customer service reps with a big sale.

It's bad business and you know it.

I agree 100% and if i may be so bold, your next 2 cruise choices are excellent.

I hope you enjoy them both.:)

Bill

I agree 100% and if i may be so bold, your next 2 cruise choices are excellent.

I hope you enjoy them both.:)

Bill

Thank you, I'm excited about them myself. Allure is booked for September. I'm still up in the air about December. I have a friend going on Epic, so I may change things up and try NCL as well. I'm looking forward to something different now that my Carnival blinders have been removed.

• 3 weeks later...
Quick update - have now also had an email saying my flight/hotel refund request has been approved and they will be sending the money to me shortly - big sigh of relief! We were booked on 12th April cruise.

Well, more than a month later my cheque still hasn't arrived. Have been getting increasingly frustrated as nobody at Carnival seems to be able to help. One rep did email me back today to say they are looking into it, but not holding out much hope for seeing my money any day soon...

Anyone else having similar issues or are you all back straight now?

Archived