If I had a $1 everytime I heard this response.

ItsFoxy

You don't hear people throwing out specific airline crash statistics (a la Rain Man) when you say you're flying somewhere. So what: Carnival had a couple of recent setbacks...big deal. I always say a bad day on a cruise is oftentimes better than a ho-hum day on dry land. :rolleyes:

And...would being stranded in St. Maarten for an extra day be so horrible?

I put in my vacation request and my boss asked me what cruise ship I was going on, because she knows I like to cruise.

I told her the "Carnival Pride."

Her response, "should I tack on a few more vacation days just in case the ship breaks down?"

My response, "Sure. I could use a longer vacation." :D

very funny,, had a good chuckle.

Yup, getting the same thing too.

Happening to us a lot too and so we do not even mention the word cruising any more because we have to listen to all the "I hope it is not Carnival" remarks...I do not think it is going to change either for a long time...Carnival seems to be right up there Titanic when it comes to the term "cruise" in this day and age....;)

People on this board are so over-sensitive to those comments. People making the comments are generally (a) well meaning, and (b) trying to be humorous. They're saying thy hope your vacation doesn't get ruined.

Think of it this way. Imagine that Dodge had just had a significant number of high-profile mechanical issues leading to general recalls. Then someone tells you he/she just bought a new minivan or pickup. Is it too far-fetched to imagine you might say "hope it's not a Caravan" or "hope it's not a Ram"?

Archived