Cheers Was Worth It

tncap

I finally got around to adding up all my receipts from my last cruise on the Conquest to determine how much money I saved with the Cheers program. I was on the first cruise that Conquest had the program so there were some kinks to work out. I rarely came close to the 15/day limit (averaged between 9-10), though on one day I had 19. They let me continue to purchase alcohol after my 15/day limit at the normal rates. Your mileage may vary, as always.

I spent $300.65 for the program, plus 15% gratuity, as soon as we boarded for a total of $345.75.

Over the course of the 7 days, I would have spent a total of $537.55 in alcohol and $80.63 in tips for a total of $618.18.

I saved $272.43 by utilizing the program. Well worth it in my particular case.

We pulled out our itemized bill from last April, on the Pride, and thought for SURE this would benefit us, but when we added up all the bar charges, it came in at $600, give or take. The Cheers program would cost us $700, AND, our upcoming cruise on the Breeze is much more port intensive. We have decided to pass.:(

I finally got around to adding up all my receipts from my last cruise on the Conquest to determine how much money I saved with the Cheers program. I was on the first cruise that Conquest had the program so there were some kinks to work out. I rarely came close to the 15/day limit (averaged between 9-10), though on one day I had 19. They let me continue to purchase alcohol after my 15/day limit at the normal rates. Your mileage may vary, as always.

I spent $300.65 for the program, plus 15% gratuity, as soon as we boarded for a total of $345.75.

Over the course of the 7 days, I would have spent a total of $537.55 in alcohol and $80.63 in tips for a total of $618.18.

I saved $272.43 by utilizing the program. Well worth it in my particular case.

Were you in a room by yourself ? And were you able to wait till day two to purchase the program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your drink of choice?

I had a lot of Grey Gooses (Grey Geese?) on there which are $7.50, and I drank a lot at the Alchemy Bar. The drinks there are either $8.95 or $9.95.

Were you in a room by yourself ? And were you able to wait till day two to purchase the program

The person I was with purchased it as well. The savings listed above are for myself only. You could purchase it on the 1st or 2nd day.

I had a lot of Grey Gooses (Grey Geese?) on there which are $7.50, and I drank a lot at the Alchemy Bar. The drinks there are either $8.95 or $9.95.

The person I was with purchased it as well. The savings listed above are for myself only. You could purchase it on the 1st or 2nd day.

In another thread someone said they purchased it on day two, but they charged them for day one as well, but gave them credit for what they spent on day one. But I'm guessing if you spent $300, that's not the case.

In another thread someone said they purchased it on day two, but they charged them for day one as well, but gave them credit for what they spent on day one. But I'm guessing if you spent $300, that's not the case.

We purchased the cheers program on the Magic on day 2 because it was not available on day one due to Texas liquor laws.

We were only charged for the 6 days and was not credited for day 1's drink purchases.

The program wasn't worth it for us. Maybe for me, but my cabin mate was sea sick and ended up using the program for more ginger ale than anything! So when her and I cruise again we won't be getting the cheers program.

I on the other hand will be getting it in December when I am booked into the cabin with my 3 DS's. all minors. And their father who doesn't drink that much at all is booked into our second cabin with DD.

His drinks won't come close to the 350 for the week. He has about one a day. Me on the other hand....

Melissa

We were concerned getting our money's worth on an 8 night cruise (7 drinking days) with 4 ports of call. One was Nassau and we only got off for a bit, so we were looking at really three full days where we were not on the boat. We purchased on the first day...must purchase by end of day two.

First....the need for me to "get my money's worth" on day two (a sea day) was difficult after a late night on day 1. :-). It was like being on spring break and needing to come up with a rally to start.

We were not able to get an itemized invoice as all Cheers line items have a zero balance, unless we added extra gratuity. Has anyone recd a bill with the free charges listed.....post cruise?

But I was drinking ultimate margaritas @ $9 and between a few during the day late/night and a glass of wine or two at dinner....I feel like it was worth it for me.

My wife bounces between rum, beer and pinas and probably for her money's worth.

Net...if you drink some beer, not worth it. If you drink a lot of beer or something other than well drinks....good chance it'll be worth it.

Either way.....enjoy your cruise!

Net...if you drink some beer, not worth it. If you drink a lot of beer or something other than well drinks....good chance it'll be worth it.

Agreed. Ask for premium liquor with every drink - no reason not to.

Archived