Hudson cty - N.J. birth certificates/passport info

Because I was lucky enough to be born in hudson county, N.J. and hold a birth certificate from there it is not valid to apply for a passport due to the scam in hudson county regarding birth certificates. So now I just wrote away to the State of New Jersey division of vital statistics so they may issue me a State issued Birth certificate...

I did this several weeks ago and was denied due to the fact that my street address changed and I was given a sticker from the N.J. div of motor vehicles with the new Street address to stick on the back of my license.... I live in the same town, have the same name but it was no good.

So..... today I go to motor vehicles to have the correct address on my license and Pay again to have a new digital drivers license taken so I can get my State issued birth certificate.

I understand the need for security and am not complaining about this.... Just a warning to anyone to anyone out there who holds a Hudson County, N.J birth certificate... Get yourself a state issued one NOW.....

Hope this helps someone...

Some birth certificates are not specific to hudson county, some may be ie:(Bayone birth certificate) .. take a look at yours. If it says hudson county then you'll want to write to the state of N.J. I'll list the address for you if you need it. It only cost $4.00 , send a copy of your Photo drivers license and your request ... Thats it.

I was born in Bayonne but live in FL now. Am I going to have a problem getting a new birth certificate?

-Joe

I just pulled my BC out and I think its city issued. On the top of it the information is listed like this:

State of New Jersey

Office of Registrar of Vital Statistics

City of Bayonne, County of Hudson

And the certificate itself was issued at the Municipal Building in Bayonne. Based on that, I assume it's city issued and I should be fine. Am I assuming correctly? lol

BTW, what is the scam anyway? What happened to cause the issue?

-Joe

If I were you, I would call trenton & see if your BC is OK. My understanding of what happened is that post 9/11, a bunch of BC paper stock was found to be missing. In order to combat this, all BC's issued in Hudson County were nullified, one needs to be issued on new stock via the state or county.

When I went to motor vehicle yesterday to get my new license they called trenton to see if my hudson county b/c was authentic. They faxed over that it was? How do they really know this? strange isn't it?

If I were you' date=' I would call trenton & see if your BC is OK. My understanding of what happened is that post 9/11, a bunch of BC paper stock was found to be missing. In order to combat this, all BC's issued in Hudson County were nullified, one needs to be issued on new stock via the state or county.[/quote']

The docs that were sold were from the Hudson County Administration Bldg where all county records are kept on file. They could have been used to establish fake identities.:cool: The Jersey Journal said everyone born in the county needs new birth certificates, even if you have your original.

I had a passport before the scandal so I'm ok. Those applying for passports after the problem had to submit new State BCs. All of my sisters and my brother are cruising and had to get new BCs from the State. Some are still waiting. My daughter was born in Elizabeth, so her BC is fine. My son was born in Secaucus and had to get a new one.

For those of you not familiar with Hudson County - scandal is pretty common here.:rolleyes:

And look who's paying the price! Pay for a new drivers license/ new birth certificate and now lay out a decent amount of money for a passport... At least it'll last quite some time, 10 yrs. I think right? I'll be glad when I have it and its over with..... Have a great day to all.

The docs that were sold were from the Hudson County Administration Bldg where all county records are kept on file. They could have been used to establish fake identities.:cool: The Jersey Journal said everyone born in the county needs new birth certificates, even if you have your original.

I had a passport before the scandal so I'm ok. Those applying for passports after the problem had to submit new State BCs. All of my sisters and my brother are cruising and had to get new BCs from the State. Some are still waiting. My daughter was born in Elizabeth, so her BC is fine. My son was born in Secaucus and had to get a new one.

For those of you not familiar with Hudson County - scandal is pretty common here.:rolleyes:

Archived