Help On Flight Times

schinz

I am leaving out of HOU on OCt 31 after we arrive in the Port of Galveston. I ma wondering how early we could book a flight and still make it. We need to get home that day as early as possible so I am wondering what time those with early flights can get off the ship/make it to the HOU airport and make the plane!!?? anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated!!

Definitely not before noon, and perhaps even after 1pm. It's about a 45 to 60 minute drive from the port to the airport, but it will be even longer in the morning with rush hour traffic. The ship has to clear Customs, and the non-US citizens have to report to Immigration (that seems to be the biggest problem--getting them to report in a timely manner and that is what causes the most delays). You then have to go into the terminal, find your luggage, stand in line for Customs, find your transportation to the airport, stand in what could be a long line for check in and then another line for security, and then get to your gate. All this could take quite a long time. Most definitely I would not schedule any flight before noon.

Not sure where uou are going, but there might be something out of Hobbie that could get you away from Houston sooner.

certainly an easier drive than to Intercontinetal.

Archived