Private Tours San Francisco

Lvtocruize2

Our cruise will disembark Sept. 2 in San Francisco. My husband and I would like to take a private tour one afternoon for about 4-5 hrs. since we will be staying over for a couple of days. I did a search on this forum but the threads were old and probably not too reliable. Can anyone recommend a tour company for just the two of us?

Thanks so much!!

We are staying in San Francisco three days before and one day after our cruise. This is our first time there, but I can tell you who we booked with.

Since we are getting picked up at the cruiseport the morning of disembarkation, we are taking a private tour of Muir Woods and Sausalito with Silver Lion Tours, after which they will drop us off at the airport hotel.

Pre-cruise, we are booked with Best Bay Area Tours for a tour of the city - though it's not a private tour.

You also might try Dylan's Tours. He does a combo 5-6 hour City/Muir Woods/Sausalito. We initially booked his tour, but changed it when we booked the Muir Woods tour with Silver Lion. He also does private tours, as well.

All of these companies get great reviews on TripAdvisor - check them out.:)

Thanks so much for your informative reply, Sunluva7. I have gone on the SF forum and have seen Dylan recommended several times but a personal rec always helps. I'll also look into the Silver Lion tour as well. When I started searching for tours, Five Emerald Limo got excellent reviews on Yelp but I have not seen this tour even mentioned in Trip Advisor. After several emails back and forth to them, they don't seem too excited about just a 4-5 hr. tour and keep telling me to book before the prices go up...also tack on a fuel surcharge and I have no idea of how much that would be:confused:

Have a great time on your cruise and tours of SF!

Definitely stay away from a company with a fuel surcharge. I can't imagine why they need to charge one - most work it into the price of the tour.

Another company, Golden Horizon, got good grades on TripAdvisor, and they offer a ton of options, including private tours, and their website is overflowing with information.

Good luck in your search!

You have been so very helpful! Thank you...thank you!!!!!:):):)

We are also looking to do the same. I plan on contacting the hotel for some help. First I need to choose the hotel!! My Mom , sister and I will be on the same cruise. Karen

Archived