Penny Matters

cunardaddict

I have been following this forum for quiet some time now.

Cruising is supposed to be a way of spending the leisure time in a most comfortable way.

Many discussions here and on board of the ships focus on minimal charges, small fees, on how to avoid to pay the onboard prices for obviously desperately needed alcohol and the compulsary tipping etc.

I wonder how people are able to enjoy a journey on a cruise ship if they feel that they have to worry about cents and pennies.

My personal position is that I enjoy the cruise, use the services available as long as I can afford them and if I didn't enjoy a service I will tell CUNARD.

Yes, I do agree that the Chateau Petrus in QG is by far overcharged - but I would never bring my own bottle.

Btw.: beeing neither US nor UK-citizen I am happy to pay a small exchange service rate to my CC-Company or to the counter exchanging cash.

I have been following this forum for quiet some time now.

Cruising is supposed to be a way of spending the leisure time in a most comfortable way.

Many discussions here and on board of the ships focus on minimal charges, small fees, on how to avoid to pay the onboard prices for obviously desperately needed alcohol and the compulsary tipping etc.

I wonder how people are able to enjoy a journey on a cruise ship if they feel that they have to worry about cents and pennies.

My personal position is that I enjoy the cruise, use the services available as long as I can afford them and if I didn't enjoy a service I will tell CUNARD.

Yes, I do agree that the Chateau Petrus in QG is by far overcharged - but I would never bring my own bottle.

Btw.: beeing neither US nor UK-citizen I am happy to pay a small exchange service rate to my CC-Company or to the counter exchanging cash.

I think it's a personality thing. Some people are naturally careful with money, some people are not and some people are just downright cheap.

It's probably a good thing to be somewhere in the middle, neither loose nor miserly with your money.

If someone wants to spend their voyage complaining about the cost of a 30 cent packet of laundry detergent then they can be my guest. As long as I don't have to hear about it. :)

Archived